Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Check out Gunadapteres.com. It is the site for ShortLane Chamber inserts etc. They have the Black Powder insert!
I had a Black Powder .36 caliber Kentucky Long Rifle it was extremely accurate and I killed a few deer with that rifle.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Thanks, I imagine yoou would do Ok, but at 71 I am not certain how long I could last strictly from a health standpoint. I grew up in Penna., outside the Phils area, and my Grandparents lived their entire life in Bradford, Pa, known as the "Icebox of Penna!." Tough country with steep hills, thick woods & brutal winters. Hunting there was demanding with deep snow and often sub zero temps. my Grandfather was a Professional Guide and PH who hunted around the world, all 4 Continents, in the late 50's through the 70's! He used to supply film to Marlin Perkins old Mutual of Omaha series. My brother and I learned from a vey early age about hunting and surviving in the "bush". I appreciate the invite, and will try and take you up on that.
I am in my 60's and I think I could survive or teach others to survive, as a boy I attended outward bound in Rock Island Maine which was a survival/confidence building School of sorts that school served me well in the U.S.Army where I attended SERE School and has served me well for many years I am no spring chicken now but many youngsters would find it hard to keep up with me in the forest. Marlin Perkins, I think I watched every one of his Mutual of Omaha series.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have mine, mostly made for me. I made the top one myself from a kit. Still like to use them now and then. View attachment 15474
WOW THOSE ARE NICE !! I had a few of Fred Bears recurves before the compound bows .I gave up all my Black Powder stuff I had a few flintlocks and cap and balls pistols and a black powder shotgun .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am 68 and I think I could survive or teach others to survive, as a boy I attended outward bound in Rock Island Maine which was a survival/confidence building School of sorts that school served me well in the U.S.Army where I attended SERE School and has served me well for many years I am no spring chicken now but many youngsters would find it hard to keep up with me in the forest. Marlin Perkins I think I watched every one of his Mutual of Omaha series.
DID my time in the Marines. Had a draft number of 23, so I was going one way or the other. Went through OCS,84th Class and served Overseas in 72-73 (Nam) with a force of Brits, Aussies and NZ's as a liaison officer comparing techniques and weapons etc. Because of that posting I was asked to join the govt, and I spent time with DOD,DIA,DSE,SPB in Europe taking out the "trash". I worked almost exclusively in urban settings. So my "woods" skills are only what I learned growing up and in the service. When they closed those "programs" I went into the Business sector. I've been married (4) times. Tough to have a decent relationship when you can't share anything you do. The last one worked out and we have been together 28 years. Finally got it right! I would love to keep learning and I am open to you showing me the ropes. I have cleaned a deer and that is about it. It all sounds very interesting.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
DID my time in the Marines. Had a draft number of 23, so I was going one way or the other. Went through OCS,84th Class and served Overseas in 72-73 (Nam) with a force of Brits, Aussies and NZ's as a liaison officer comparing techniques and weapons etc. Because of that posting I was asked to join the govt, and I spent time with DOD,DIA,DSE,SPB in Europe taking out the "trash". I worked almost exclusively in urban settings. So my "woods" skills are only what I learned growing up and in the service. When they closed those "programs" I went into the Business sector. I've been married (4) times. Tough to have a decent relationship when you can't share anything you do. The last one worked out and we have been together 28 years. Finally got it right! I would love to keep learning and I am open to you showing me the ropes. I have cleaned a deer and that is about it. It all sounds very interesting.
Your skin and gut a hog like you do a deer but several glands must be removed so the meat will not taste bad and large boars must be castrated quickly after killing them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well my Magpul Backpacker Ruger PC Carbine Stock arrived and I installed it on my Ruger PC 9 9MM Carbine Rifle .I must say I am impressed with it.
Military camouflage Camouflage Wood Machine gun Air gun

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Composite material

You can compare the Magpul Backpacker stock for the Ruger PC 9 Carbine above with the Magpul BackPacker stock for the Ruger 10/22 take down below.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

After swapping stocks on the Ruger PC 9 Carbine to the Magpul Backpacker Stock the rifle maintained the same zero as the Ruger Factory Stock .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My YOUTUBE REVIEW

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
I changed my Optic on the Ruger 10/22 .22 LR and put that Hi-Lux XTC 1-4X34 optic on my new Rossi RS22M .22WMR .22 Magnum Rifle Below.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

I installed the new Primary Arms 6x Scope ACCS.22 LR Reticle on my Ruger 10/22 takedown with Magpul Backpacker Stock.

Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

Bicycle part Auto part Nickel Metal Wood

I purchased the Primary Arms Classic Series 6x32mm Rifle Scope - ACSS-22LR.
The Classic Series™ proves that entry-level optics don’t have to be poor-quality optics. Unlike some other brands, we don’t use the word “value” as a euphemism for “junk”. Classic Series scopes are perfect for the budget-conscious and the new shooter. We take the time to 100% inspect every product in our facility here in Houston to ensure you are receiving the best quality product as our other three tiers. These scopes are backed by the same excellent customer service and support as all other Primary Arms products.

The Primary Arms 6X32 Rifle Scope features the Patented ACSS 22LR reticle that is a perfect addition to your 1022 or other .22 caliber rifle. The ACSS 22LR reticle is a giant leap forward in 22LR reticle design, utilizing bullet drop compensation correlated with range estimation and wind holds, all in one simple system so you can use it for plinking, hunting, or competition use. The ACSS 22LR reticle increases the first hit ratio and decreases time on target and is specifically designed for range clays, cans, bottles, and more. With the included manual, you will be able to fully utilize the ranging features and bullet drop compensation in no time. Like most of our products, this tough scope features a lifetime warranty. This magnified 22 scope is designed to last and continue working alongside your .22 caliber rifle for many years to come.
Features:
  • 22lr reticle designed for hunting, plinking, and even some competition use
  • Extremely effective ACSS reticle for accurate range estimates, BDC, and windage
  • Fixed 6 power magnification so you can use your .22 at the furthest effective range
  • Compatible with Butler Creek flip-cap: OBJ-15, Eye-17
  • Capped finger adjustable turrets for quick elevation and windage adjustments
  • Second focal plane reticle
  • 1-inch tube diameter for compatibility with a variety of scope mounts

Built on the foundation that customer service is the most important product/service a company can offer, Primary Arms is dedicated to meeting the need of every customer with the utmost respect. Not only do we provide excellent customer service, but we also offer fast shipping and competitive prices on everything we sell. If our foundation is customer service, then our structure is the increasing line of high-quality, dependable optics designed right here in Texas. Our goal; to provide firearms enthusiasts, professional shooters, and servicemen, and women the right tools for the job at an affordable price.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I zeroed my Ruger 10/22 Takedown with the Magpul Backpacker Stock at 25 yards 1.5 " High so it will be the point of aim point of impact at 100 Yards. 11 SHOTS at 100 yards CCI Velocitor 40 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Points. This is Minute of Coyotes Eyeball! The Group was Shot from a Bench and a Caldwell Precision Turret Shooting Rest.
Precision Turret Shooting Rest | Caldwell
Product Yellow Font Slope Symmetry

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
DOD, DIA, DSE, SPB, CIA. Wow, Then you must know about the Pheonix program, Project Blue Light of the 1970s I have skills the Army taught me well I still practice those skills on the range.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts