Ruger Pistol Forums banner
201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
S&W Model 60 - 5 shots of 357, no problem.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Glock 17 (gen 2)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Come on Dave . No LCP ? It was dependable until it broke , right ?
I removed the post. I really do not understand why I have to pick the LCP when I do not feel it is the most reliable. Brand loyalty only goes so far. I simply picked 4 guns that are the most reliable. Said not another word, yet knew this would happen. Yet three of those were Rugers. My bad.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I removed the post. I really do not understand why I have to pick the LCP when I do not feel it is the most reliable. Brand loyalty only goes so far. I simple picked 4 guns that are the most reliable. Said not another word, yet knew this would happen. My bad.
No flame intended . Sincere question . My impression of your LCP posts was that they were reliable until they weren't . ( broke) From reading posts about LCP , most people have no failures , some with high round counts . And there are the few that aren't so lucky .

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
pennsy, I just picked 4 different size guns, that I feel are the most dependable. Personally I could care less about the LCP. I am on my fourth, but moved on. I do not want to say anything about the gun at this point good or bad, on this forum. If someone say's the LCP is the most reliable. That is fine. If someone say's the LCPll then that is fine as well. I simply went a different direction and choice of which I personally feel is more reliable in all arena's. No harm done. We are good!
Got it . Let us know how your other pocket guns stand up . You do shoot the most of all of us .

Reactions: 9190

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That was always Ruger's claim to fame . Smiths had slick triggers and were pretty but Rugers were tanks .

·
Registered
251 Posts
Now days what ever revolver or semi auto i'm carrying,I would hope.:angel:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine is my Smith Model 10-7 snub square butt, thousands of rounds down range and never a failure of any kind. I prefer a revolver for EDC and normally pack my 340PD L/F pocket (leftie). My law enforcement career spanned 30 years and I had to use my service weapon more than once and it was a revolver. While we transitioned to the Glock before I retired I still prefer the wheel gun, especially now that I'm no longer have to go in harm's way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most dependable?
Ruger New Model Blackhawk, 45 Convertible.
1945 Springfield US Rifle, Caliber 30, M1. (aka M1 Garand)

Reactions: petergunn

·
Registered
8 Posts
That would have to be the Ruger Security Six .357. It has been r i g h t t h e r e for a long time and I know it won't go "click" when that heavy trigger is pulled. It makes about a 4-foot muzzle blast in the dark, but I know it will work. Another Ruger and the old 1911 are not far away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any of several revolvers. Revolvers that get carried are an LCR and a 638, and occasionally on trips I bring both or a model 64. Most of the time I carry revolvers, but I also have an LCP and P-32 when concealment is important.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What has been your most dependable firearm (probably the go-to gun for you when SHTF)?

Mine is my HK Tactical 45 for a handgun.

MY LMT AR with Piston Upper is my most dependable long gun.
This is both of my SHTF one is centerfire one rimfire .

Military camouflage Camouflage Wood Machine gun Air gun

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

201 - 220 of 227 Posts