Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has been your most dependable firearm (probably the go-to gun for you when SHTF)?

Mine is my HK Tactical 45 for a handgun.

MY LMT AR with Piston Upper is my most dependable long gun.

Reactions: Black Rifle Reviews

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
If we're talking automatic pistols, the best performer I have is the Beretta 92FS. That's not to say that none of the others I have have run flawlessly, but add everything up and if I could keep only one for a house gun it would be the Beretta. Admittedly, it's a bit big and heavy for concealed carry. That's what the LCP and my Glock 19 & 26 are for.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
S&W 4043 goes to the top of the list. But a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44 Mag, a Ruger SP101 in .357 Mag and a Sig P-239 in 9mm are in there some where.

The Ruger LCP in .380 goes along as a BUG. All are reliable but the S&W really rocks on the range and is the first thing I reach for regarding home defense..

Reactions: FLETCH1022

·
Registered
549 Posts
Strictly in terms of "dependability" the fewer moving parts the better, so that would tend to favor revolvers or maybe double-barreled shotguns. Personally, I would rate my Ruger SP101 327magnum as my most dependable firearm. Never fails to fire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My EDC is an SR9c that has never failed to go bang when the trigger is pulled. That being said if I were forced to pick only one my SP101 in .357 would win. Hard to beat a wheel gun when you are talking about dependability.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Since there are no rules that say it has to be a carry weapon, then it is definitely my matching Mossberg 500 Tactical pump 12 gauges. One upstairs and one down stairs. Pumping a round in one of those crosses all language barriers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd have to go with my Springfield XD9. Has never had a single hiccup since day one. I stopped counting how many rounds it's eaten up 'cause it just didn't matter anymore. I trust it with my life (literally) and consider it to be a true extension of my arm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pistol: Honest answer is any revolver. My answer is Sig P226 .40 caliber

Shotgun: Honest answer is any break action shotgun. My answer is Mossberg 500 12 Gauge Pump

Rifle: Honest answer is any bolt action rifle. My answer is an AR15 5.56mm

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Glock 19 ,9mm . I've seen videos of it being dropped out of a plane ,22 bullets hitting it ,being thown in the mud,water .Frozen in ice Shooting it 100K times without cleaning . I call that dependable.
I only shoot it about 500 times before I clean it

1 - 20 of 227 Posts