Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always on the hunt for good deals on 9mm, as I try to go to the range once a week, and run through my stock quickly.

On a chance I stole 500 rounds Winchester WMA 14 headstamp M882 9mm NATO ball made for military use. 124 gr FMJ projectile for what will end up being around 19 cents a round with shipping. These are Military Factory Winchester. Falls between standard 9x19mm and +P.

Anyone have experience with this through the Ruger SR9C or other SR?

I also will be trying it through my PC9, SW M&P Shield, Beretta PX4 Storm and G17. But I noted that NATO ammo was not good according to the manual, so I thought I would ask around.

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
The SR9c or Glock I would not worry about. Wear would be like a steady diet of +P ammo, maybe more frequent replacement of recoil springs. I have no experience with the other pistols mentioned. :encouragement:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Great find! And welcome to the forum. I bet that ammo shoots like some of the hot carry rounds people like to shoot so it should be great for practice. Even if you carry a lighter round, getting used to shooting your new ammo weak hand and strong hand only good will be a benefit when you try the same with your lighter rounds.
19 cents a round is a great deal! I reload for about half of that but reloading is not for everybody.
If you are lucky your NATO ammo doesn't have crimped primers and you can reload your spent cases or give it to a friend.
Once again welcome to the forum JViolaNH! Enjoy your new ammo. Den

·
Registered
58 Posts
Should work great. My Sr9c has eaten everything I have fed it, and I doubt in 500rds you will see any wear difference. Isn't that one of the reasons we buy Rugers?!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses all around, really appreciate it! Keep the input coming, as I love the validation.

I will eventually reload my own, but I have only been shooting for over a year, so it's still on the horizon as part of learning.

Happy Shooting and be safe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am always on the hunt for good deals on 9mm, as I try to go to the range once a week, and run through my stock quickly.

On a chance I stole 500 rounds Winchester WMA 14 headstamp M882 9mm NATO ball made for military use. 124 gr FMJ projectile for what will end up being around 19 cents a round with shipping. These are Military Factory Winchester. Falls between standard 9x19mm and +P.

Anyone have experience with this through the Ruger SR9C or other SR?

I also will be trying it through my PC9, SW M&P Shield, Beretta PX4 Storm and G17. But I noted that NATO ammo was not good according to the manual, so I thought I would ask around.

Thanks!
Load her up and let it rip taterchip !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts