Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the 22/45 and the Ruger Mark III & IV 22/45 pistols have sorta been left out in the cold on this site. Lots of folks own and shoot these versions of the Ruger Mark variety and there's several ways that these fine pistols can be utilised for fun or serious .22 rimfire duty. :tears_of_joy:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've noticed that the 22/45 and the Ruger Mark III & IV 22/45 pistols have sorta been left out in the cold on this site. Lots of folks own and shoot these versions of the Ruger Mark variety and there's several ways that these fine pistols can be utilised for fun or serious .22 rimfire duty. :tears_of_joy:
Good Point, Dennis!

Ended up putting my 22/45 Lite post in the MkIV forum and the 22/45 post in the MkII forum. They do get lost in all the threads and a dedicated 22/45 polymer framed heading would be nice!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Considering the forum was originally a dedicated forum for LCP fans the Mark series pistols has been a side note all along. Plenty of Ruger or rimfire forums to go around that are centered around the Mk 22's already. Being a forum junkie and not a "fan boy" (despite being accused of such) of any of them I'm willing to jump in where ever an interesting topic arises.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Point, Dennis!

Ended up putting my 22/45 Lite post in the MkIV forum and the 22/45 post in the MkII forum. They do get lost in all the threads and a dedicated 22/45 polymer framed heading would be nice!
Your efforts are much appreciated by most, I'll bet, but they should also be easier to locate here. Most likely just an oversight, but if they do want this to be a "Ruger Pistol Forum", a 22/45 forum just might attract a bunch of owners to this site.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good idea to append 22/45. Easier for my old eyes to locate. I have a basic Mark III 22/45 Bull Barrel that I just fell in love with. She is no frankenruger and still mostly stock but I love her and take her out often. Since I have decided to forever keep it active I am going to invest in keeping it range ready. Not many upgrades planned but still going to get her a make over.

Attachments

Reactions: Theo98

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea to append 22/45. Easier for my old eyes to locate. I have a basic Mark III 22/45 Bull Barrel that I just fell in love with. She is no frankenruger and still mostly stock but I love her and take her out often. Since I have decided to forever keep it active I am going to invest in keeping it range ready. Not many upgrades planned but still going to get her a make over.
You're not alone there. Think about visitors to this site, who not only own an LCP, but they may also own a few Ruger Mark pistols along with a couple of the 22/45 variety. How would they know that questions concerning a 22/45 are embedded in one of the other titled forums?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Considering the forum was originally a dedicated forum for LCP fans the Mark series pistols has been a side note all along. Plenty of Ruger or rimfire forums to go around that are centered around the Mk 22's already. Being a forum junkie and not a "fan boy" (despite being accused of such) of any of them I'm willing to jump in where ever an interesting topic arises.
Yes, this use to be a forum devoted to the LCP. Funny thing is years ago when I use to shoot the LCP's I lobbied and posted many times for Ruger to come out with a LCP to be used for a Trainer. And now they stepped up to the plate and did just that! Bravo to them, my hat is off. I have ordered one.

But wait! Where is the love? Myself and one other person on this forum seem to be the only two that have INVESTED in one for Small pocket pistol training. And even more crazy is the fact that 380 is going up to sky high Prices and a Severe shortage that is only going to get worse. When the LCP 22.cal was announced I thought surely he would be a block buster. Very little post about them on any forum. And given the fact that so many owners cannot even shoot a 380 worth a darn in the first place, boggles my mind even more.
So it not a dedicated LCP forum, why not the MK 22.cals?

·
Registered
436 Posts
The LCPII22LR is a great trainer and practice tool. Not a bad choice for pocket carry if that is all you have. I know now why for years all my friends pocket carry the LCP in 380. It can be a reliable and safe tool. This is just one of many on the market for pocket carry and I love these little shooters.
*There have been others here that have chimed in on its issues and or virtues.
*The LCPII22LR's I have and have seen running have turned out to be reliable. Like most things on the web you seem to get more complaints than positive data.
*This forum is dedicated to the LCP and with time I would hope that the more people get involved and share their findings on the LCPII22LR. With the cost of ammo for 380 this is a good tool to work with. The price is high and it only comes with one mag but I found this to be a good purchase.
*Good luck to any that have any one of the Ruger LCP's. I have been forever changed on my opinion of them for the positive.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, this use to be a forum devoted to the LCP. Funny thing is years ago when I use to shoot the LCP's I lobbied and posted many times for Ruger to come out with a LCP to be used for a Trainer. And now they stepped up to the plate and did just that! Bravo to them, my hat is off. I have ordered one.

But wait! Where is the love? Myself and one other person on this forum seem to be the only two that have INVESTED in one for Small pocket pistol training. And even more crazy is the fact that 380 is going up to sky high Prices and a Severe shortage that is only going to get worse. When the LCP 22.cal was announced I thought surely he would be a block buster. Very little post about them on any forum. And given the fact that so many owners cannot even shoot a 380 worth a darn in the first place, boggles my mind even more.
So it not a dedicated LCP forum, why not the MK 22.cals?
Where I'm at, here in Northwestern Wisconsin, the population remains very tame as to compared to what's going on 2 hours west of us in Minneapolis. I'm the District 13 County Board Supervisor in Washburn County, serving my third term. One of the committees I'm on involves the Emergency Law Enforcement Planning Committee, where we meet once a month with the Washburn County Sheriff and his Chief Deputy to evaluate what LEO needs they have. Both are dedicated servants for what they do, and my vote is always to get they what they need to do their jobs, and go back home after their day.
We don't have any "statues" that are causing terrorists to go nuts and want to tear them down, and from my experience and learning, just about every household, farm and business is protected by their owners.
I was at our local Farm & Fleet store the other day to get some tick repellent granules that I spread around where my wife hangs laundry to get that fresh air aroma that puts us to sleep at night and then all around my shooting bench to prevent hitchhiker ticks getting a free ride on my hide. So, I always stop at the sporting goods area in this store, if only to see what "NEW" brand of .22 rimfire they recently received. The handgun centerfire ammunition shelves are empty, there is no centerfire boxes of rounds from .25 ACP all the way through to .454 Casull ammunition. Our local folks seem to be stocking up so they have rounds on hand, just in case any of the "crazies" from Minneapolis make any wrongful decisions to visit Northwestern Wisconsin and tamper with our laid-back lifestyle. That would be a huge mistake on their part.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Mark IV 22/45 love it.
69075859_2387652684646793_6674916426853122048_n.jpg

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's very true that there are indeed many .22 rimfire forums, maybe even too many. Some are just not worth the effort of even visiting. Seems to me like whatever anyone posts should not receive a differing opinion. Many of the members on most of those forums only parrot what was posted on another forum anyway.
Some of the old fogies on many other forums cry like a 5 year old little girl if you offer a differing post that conflicts with theirs. Rather then allow an "adult discussion" some will cry that they are being "attacked", 'cause your results differ from theirs on the subject matter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's very true that there are indeed many .22 rimfire forums, maybe even too many. Some are just not worth the effort of even visiting. Seems to me like whatever anyone posts should not receive a differing opinion. Many of the members on most of those forums only parrot what was posted on another forum anyway.
Some of the old fogies on many other forums cry like a 5 year old little girl if you offer a differing post that conflicts with theirs. Rather then allow an "adult discussion" some will cry that they are being "attacked", 'cause your results differ from theirs on the subject matter.
Dennis,

IMHO, what's Also true (a motto I try to follow, but not always successfully) is, "It's not What you say, but How you say it"! Insults, innuendos, exaggerations and unimportant comments never got me anywhere, just made people uncomfortable and sometimes, enemies (for being attacked)! Trying to adhere to just the facts is difficult and leaving out "personal feelings" can even be more challenging, but needed for an "agree to disagree" adult discussion! Ernest listening and understanding of the "other side" goes a long way to effective and positive communications!

Stating an opinion, based on facts/experience and rooted in received perception concerns, is my goal...especially with Written Public Communications (case-in-point, 1st paragraph)! I'm not always good at it, but I try!! :redface-new:

Ted

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Dennis,

IMHO, what's Also true (a motto I try to follow, but not always successfully) is, "It's not What you say, but How you say it"! Insults, innuendos, exaggerations and unimportant comments never got me anywhere, just made people uncomfortable and sometimes, enemies (for being attacked)! Trying to adhere to just the facts is difficult and leaving out "personal feelings" can even be more challenging, but needed for an "agree to disagree" adult discussion! Ernest listening and understanding of the "other side" goes a long way to effective and positive communications!

Stating an opinion, based on facts/experience and rooted in received perception concerns, is my goal...especially with Written Public Communications (case-in-point, 1st paragraph)! I'm not always good at it, but I try!! :redface-new:

Ted
I have managed to express my opinion in a way to offend people a few times. The last time was when I mentioned how some people view the thin blue line. I pissed off a few people LOL one new member even called me a liberal snowflake. LOL that label couldn't be further from the truth. Those comments aren't worth a reply.

I vote for a forum just for the 22/45 only because of the grip angle. The mark and the 22/45 point completely different. I think its 5 degrees difference. The standard mark is just like a Glock and the 22/45 is like most other weapons. Den

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have managed to express my opinion in a way to offend people a few times. The last time was when I mentioned how some people view the thin blue line. I pissed off a few people LOL one new member even called me a liberal snowflake. LOL that label couldn't be further from the truth. Those comments aren't worth a reply.

I vote for a forum just for the 22/45 only because of the grip angle. The mark and the 22/45 point completely different. I think its 5 degrees difference. The standard mark is just like a Glock and the 22/45 is like most other weapons. Den

I've never encountered, or purposely gotten involved with, any firearms forum that "Required Children Only". Most were considered to be members have been adults, able to have civil conversations without shedding tears over differing methodology. Some consider a differing post as a "PERSONAL" attack if you disagree with some method they use. That's juvenile thinking as far as I'm concerned. Like when a 4-year old doesn't get their way, they "pout", cross their arms and cry. Funny thing is, there are mostly all older men, where their way is the only way. Nope, have no patience for "old goats" like that, and will never condescend to their way of acting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts