Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
Currently in the US there are many shootings that affect many innocent people. Therefore, I think the US government should issue a ban on the use of guns in this country to avoid painful consequences. What do people think about this?
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You are not living in the real world. When guns are banned, people are killed by knives, bombs, machetes, cars, and finally, illegal guns.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are not living in the real world. When guns are banned, people are killed by knives, bombs, machetes, cars, and finally, illegal guns.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
If guns were banned would one less likely to harm people?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Americans once used firearms, a great many of them privately owned, to overthrow our own tyrannical government. None of the non-violent tools worked. Of course I am referring to the Revolutionary War.

Despite the problems of crime perpetrated with firearms, the American people shall remain armed in case the need arises again to overthrow our own tyrannical government.

I in no way believe that the need/threat is imminent. It is impossible, however, to tell whether that need may arise in five, 50 or 250 years, or ever again. Frankly, I cannot even predict what my 401K is going to look like in five years. Human beings have notoriously poor long-term vision. I am talking decades or even centuries into the future. We tend to think that life will be pretty much the same tomorrow as it is today. The reality is that there is no way that I or anyone else is prescient enough to be able to predict the condition of American liberty for any appreciable length of time into the future. I will not take away from my great, great, great grandchildren the tools of last resort that they may need to preserve or reclaim the ability to govern themselves freely.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi everybody,
Currently in the US there are many shootings that affect many innocent people. Therefore, I think the US government should issue a ban on the use of guns in this country to avoid painful consequences. What do people think about this?
Thanks everyone.
What I think is that you should troll someplace else.

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts
LyndaAllen, go somewhere else and preach not here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Americans once used firearms, a great many of them privately owned, to overthrow our own tyrannical government. None of the non-violent tools worked. Of course I am referring to the Revolutionary War.

Despite the problems of crime perpetrated with firearms, the American people shall remain armed in case the need arises again to overthrow our own tyrannical government.

I in no way believe that the need/threat is imminent. It is impossible, however, to tell whether that need may arise in five, 50 or 250 years, or ever again. Frankly, I cannot even predict what my 401K is going to look like in five years. Human beings have notoriously poor long-term vision. I am talking decades or even centuries into the future. We tend to think that life will be pretty much the same tomorrow as it is today. The reality is that there is no way that I or anyone else is prescient enough to be able to predict the condition of American liberty for any appreciable length of time into the future. I will not take away from my great, great, great grandchildren the tools of last resort that they may need to preserve or reclaim the ability to govern themselves freely.
Thanks for your opinion

·
Registered
950 Posts
If guns were banned would one less likely to harm people?
No. People intent on harming or killing someone will do so by other means. Other means might be even more terrible, such as a can of gasoline and a match. Should we then ban those items?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Young Lady,

Which college are you now attending?

Have you done ANY poles/surveys concerning how many spouses have killed the other spouse, or significant other, with a butcher knife, a golf club, a baseball bat, poison or strangulation? Don't limit your class paper on only one method used, you will be short changing your knowledge base. :love:

Reactions: feet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
Far more innocent people are save by guns. You are brainwashed by the fake news.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
In 2018 there were 38,390 deaths by firearm in the USA and 36,560 by automobile. I think we should get rid of cars. If people walked everywhere it would save lives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
If there was a total ban do you really think the bad guys would listen. Last I heard there is a ban on shooting innocent people and it seems thats not working very well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To counter your question why is it every time the ones who claim to be in charge are trying to push gun control they seem to have a mass shooting to push their wants?
Can you put a answer to that instead?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
Hello everyone,
The current situation is a lot of turmoil, so I want a gun to protect myself in case I have to use it. Maybe I'll buy a pistol. Is the Ruger a good gun to buy? Hope everyone please let me know.
Thanks everyone.
Did we change her mind? One day she wants to ban guns and 6 days later she wants to buy one for protection?

Either she's been enlightened or we're being trolled as part of some devious prank?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
So here is how it works. Laws are generally obeyed by law abiders and disobeyed by the criminal predator class. The criminal predator class in a ban now operates armed with firearms unopposed because they are criminals and we are not. Please try to squint and focus real hard on this truth because it alone is enough reason not to ban...there are others equally important.

·
Registered
LCP II
7 Posts
I think we need to ban the drugs she’s on right now. First a ban on guns then wanting to know which one to buy.

Reactions: miniman

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did we change her mind? One day she wants to ban guns and 6 days later she wants to buy one for protection?

Either she's been enlightened or we're being trolled as part of some devious prank?
Praise GEEZUS! We converted a wayward "gun fearing soul" into a righteous BEEELEEEVER!! Amen, to all of you involved with her conversion. 🥰

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everybody,
Thanks everyone.
There should be bans on all the tools that commit violence. But its most important to start with those things that cause the greatest number of deaths. That puts guns pretty low on the list, and certainly long after we have banned hands, feet, hammers etc. Let us know when that gets done, then we'll talk about gun bans.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts