Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this pistol on sale for $299. I spent that for a new Security 9 two weeks ago. Am I missing something? Is the RAC a three hundred dollar pistol? Don’t get me wrong, the Security 9 is a really nice gun for the money, and I’m very happy with mine, but on paper (I‘ve never seen one) the RAC looks to be a higher quality piece, more in the $500-$700 range. Is there something wrong with these? Are they “problematic”?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just saw this pistol on sale for $299. I spent that for a new Security 9 two weeks ago. Am I missing something? Is the RAC a three hundred dollar pistol? Don’t get me wrong, the Security 9 is a really nice gun for the money, and I’m very happy with mine, but on paper (I‘ve never seen one) the RAC looks to be a higher quality piece, more in the $500-$700 range. Is there something wrong with these? Are they “problematic”?

Bueller, anyone?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bud's has the 10 round for $293 an d the 17 round for $434.
Where was your -sale- ?
Maybe there is an overstock of 10 round guns.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea where I saw that. It was online, and it was the 17 rounder.... I wish I would’ve gone ahead and bought it, but I had just bought a Security 9 and a G17.
So, how do you like it? Reliability? modularity?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What is an RAC? Den

Reactions: ETS

·
Registered
601 Posts
RAC = Ruger American Compact

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep that’s it, thanks Sam. Bad reference on my part though, I didn’t mean the compact, the ad I saw was for the full size Ruger American pro.
I found it! The ad was from CDNN.
15A3CA2B-F257-47F0-9F48-88EEFDDCD67E.png

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve had a RAC for over a year. I prefer full size pistols and also have a RAP. Both were around $300 if I recall. They are similarly styled and the RAC accepts the larger magazines although they do hang below the grip of course. I have a couple extension sleeves which helps with grip and aesthetics when using the RAP mags. Both have smooth slides, pretty easy to clean, have been reliable shooters and have better accuracy than their operator. I also have pistols made in Austria, Germany, and Brazil. The Ruger Americans, for me, are comparable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts