Ruger Pistol Forums banner

What are you using to carry?

15K views 57 replies 46 participants last post by  LittleLiver 
#1 ·
What holsters or carry methods are you using?
I got a DeSantis Nemisis and it's OK for pocket carry. How about a good IWB?

G
#2 ·
I have the Desantis Super Fly which with the extra wrap works well in leather jackets with A2 type pockets or without in front pockets, not too expensive either. I also have a SmartCarry down the front of ones pants rig. It will work with both an LCP and a Kel Tec PF9 and is unnoticable even in scrubs which is amazing. Mind you the comfort level is much better with the little LCP and depending on ones dress style a SmartCarry rig won't work for everyone but for deep concealment when rapid deployment is not top priority no one will know unless you get goosed. I picked up a cheap cloth rig (can't remember where now) and I think it will work well with the C/T Laser in both front aand rear pocket, and maybe the Super Fly will work too but we will see when the Laser is fitted. As popular as the little gun seems to be I'm sure all the goodies will be coming down the pike.

#3 ·
I'm using a holster my wife made for me, works in the front pocket as wall the rear. I also bought a holster that's for a cell phone that works great as an IWB, fits the pistol and laser perfectly. I made a little cardboard cut out profile of the LCP and then I cruised all the local *Mart's in town, amazing how many cell and pager holsters that would work with it....

#10 ·
I use a belly band. I use it in my skin and put a t-shirt over. I love it. I can carry my XD-9 or my LCP with 1 or 2 extra mags or 1 flashlight. I have a pocket holster for my LCP, I have no idea what brand, something cheep, the guy at the gun store threw it in when I got the gun. I works fine, but I always have so much in my pockets, keys, cel, dip, knife, I hate having something else. I and looking at a ankle holster for my LCP but think I will stick with the Belly Band. It also helps make me seem thinner :)

#11 ·
#15 ·
AZ Outlaws said:
The Desantis Nemesis pocket holster...

IMO just pretty hard to beat the desantis nemesis. I did buy from hidden holsters one of his pocket leather holsters. He makes them for lcp with our without CT lasers. His price is very low, His service is fast and his materials and workmanship is awsome.

#16 ·
Hello I am Jim from Hidden Holsters. First I would like to thank you for the kind words. My holsters are based on designs & methods I have been taught by my friend and mentor RJ Hedley. I have incorporated some ideas of my own, but the process on how I build my holsters are all RJ's.

#23 ·
Anyone have some pics of the Desantis Nemesis in their pocket? it seems like a good design but also seems like it would still print to me (I am probably wrong but I haven't seen one myself yet so. I gotsta ask) and the superfly seems poofy to me for some reason from the photos I have seen.

The Ruger LCP Rear Pocket Holster from Hidden holsters looks like a good Idea to me (to use in a front pocket as thats where I carry my wallet anyways) ahhhh decisions decisions..

opinions?

Nietz

#24 ·
Nietz said:
Anyone have some pics of the Desantis Nemesis in their pocket? it seems like a good design but also seems like it would still print to me (I am probably wrong but I haven't seen one myself yet so. I gotsta ask) and the superfly seems poofy to me for some reason from the photos I have seen.

The Ruger LCP Rear Pocket Holster from Hidden holsters looks like a good Idea to me (to use in a front pocket as thats where I carry my wallet anyways) ahhhh decisions decisions..

opinions?

Nietz
Hi Nietz, I am going to be very honest with you, that is how I like ppl to be with me. I wear cargo shorts (baggy big deep pockets) summer time attire, Nemesis in right front pocket cannot tell I have it but if wearing jeans regular fit you can see print. My theory is this, you would still be amazed at people who would not even be paying att to what you have in your pocket, heck if you ask 9 out of 10 what was the color of shirt on guy that just walked by, they could not tell you, that being said I will tell you that I am looking for a owb option as soon as I can get a opinion on a good holster, I feel owb would be to uncomfortable to me but I posted this in another thread with no replies. I think most believe it a pocket pistol and I do too but sometime certain way you dress can change how you need carry, JMHO. Depending on how tight pants are, sometimes print, loose fit no worries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.