Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LCP gen II [not the LCP 2] made in Mayodan. On the left inside bottom of the slide in the cutout area, starting about 1/2 inch behind the breach face are 4 marks. They look like those left by a small drill just barely starting, roughly 1/16th diameter, equally spaced roughly 1/16th, and running in a perfectly straight line toward the rear. I see no functional reason for their presence. I used to have the same model made in Prescott and do not recall seeing there marks. Right now on ebay there are several LCP slides, all made in Mayodan with similar markings ranging from 2 to 4 marks. Any ideas what they are there for???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm waiting for the picture Happy Xmas
I don't know how to post pictures. Ebay item #255210331522, 4th picture, shows a slide with 3 of these marks. Ebay #255225175836, 4th picture shows one with 4 marks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting thought, but why would slides have these marks ranging from 2 to 5 in number [all appearing to be same size and depth], and in a perfectly straight line? I suppose a rockwell test might be done on an infrequent random basis.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Did anyone think of calling Ruger? I did. Those marks simply identify the machine that performed the minimal work required to finish the slide after it was cast. The slide is 98% finished right out of the mold. Most machining marks we see are carried over from machining the die that formed the wax used in the casting process. Denny

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did anyone think of calling Ruger? I did. Those marks simply identify the machine that performed the minimal work required to finish the slide after it was cast. The slide is 98% finished right out of the mold. Most machining marks we see are carried over from machining the die that formed the wax used in the casting process. Denny
Thanks for ending the mystery. Yes, I had thought of calling Ruger, but didn't want to bother them if someone here knew the answer. Thanks for calling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts