Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
LCPII
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum- just wondering what ammo (range and EDC) to look for when, or if, the shelves are stocked again?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I haven't experienced any ammo issues with LCPII. I prefer Blazer for practice and Hornady Critical Defense for carry. I've tried lots of other stuff without issue.
If you really mean LCP2 (unofficial second gen of LCP) ... Same answer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here. Most everything cycles through my LCPII no problem. I carry Sig V-Crowns and my self defense ammo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For what it is worth, you may want to do some research on that Sig Crown ammo. My police dept. tested it extensively and it is absolutely horrible ammo!! Very poor penetration and no expansion. Sig Sauer was trying to get us to use their ammo since we are a major police department(over 4000 sworn members) that uses the sig 226 as our duty weapon. Check out the .380 ammo tests on line.....very poor stuff. We told Sig Sauer that they should stick to making handguns!

·
Registered
LCPII
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve heard some similar things about Sig Crown ammo. FTF issues when other brands had no problems. I think I’ll steer clear of Sig ammo, at least for now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hmmm... I have not heard that about the Sig V-Crown ammo. I'll do some research on that. I may just blow through them at the range and look for something else. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Same here. Most everything cycles through my LCPII no problem. I carry Sig V-Crowns and my self defense ammo.
I’ve heard some similar things about Sig Crown ammo. FTF issues when other brands had no problems. I think I’ll steer clear of Sig ammo, at least for now.
You may want to look at the lehigh/underwood extreme penetrator .90 grain .380 (STANDARD VELOCITY) not plus p. Ammo quest and shooting the bull has it as their top performing .380 ammo. My department uses it in the .380 BUG and off duty. Of course, you can never go wrong with Speer Gold Dots which are excellent defensive rounds that feed quite well. They were also among the top performers in .380 that ammo quest and shooting the bull tested also

Good Luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My carry load is Black Hills 60gr Honey Badger. I've been shooting Hornady American Gunner, but honestly, I've only had a failure to lock back on empty, and that was caused by a magazine that Ruger replaced for me.

·
Premium Member
My favorite firearm will always be my Ruger Standard with sights painted white by my grandfather
20 Posts
For what it is worth, you may want to do some research on that Sig Crown ammo. My police dept. tested it extensively and it is absolutely horrible ammo!! Very poor penetration and no expansion. Sig Sauer was trying to get us to use their ammo since we are a major police department(over 4000 sworn members) that uses the sig 226 as our duty weapon. Check out the .380 ammo tests on line.....very poor stuff. We told Sig Sauer that they should stick to making handguns!
I too have gotten that consensus about V-Crown. It seems to have some expansion issues, which is a shame since it's made in New Hampshire. The overall bullet design looks promising with its deeply skived core, but results are results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New to the forum- just wondering what ammo (range and EDC) to look for when, or if, the shelves are stocked again?
I have fired well over 1000 rounds with my LCP II Lite rack .22 caliber pistol and I have found the CCI Velocitor to be the most reliable most accurate and fastest 40 grain copper plated hollow point on the market .I have used this ammo exclusively in my Ruger .22 LR Handguns& Pistols as well as my Ruger .22 LR Rifles and have used it to take large and medium sized game at a range of 15 yards to 100 yards ,I've Killed several Feral Hogs well over 300 -400 pounds at 60 yards over bait & Coyotes at 100 yards , Racoons , Crows , Fox . Opossums ,Skunks , Bobcat's. Snakes Gators.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts