Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't carry many **NEW** handguns in stock, yet do quite a few transfers for local folks who shop the internet, etc. Seems most all those who "carry" around here have gone south to "Scheels All_Sport" down in Eau Claire, WI where there "was" quite a good selection available, until the last several months.
I don't have a single used (trade-in) center-fire handgun in stock currently, all have been scarfed up by locals.
Thought I'd go lookin' on a few of the suppliers web-sites that I deal with to see how empty their cupboards have been lately, Kinda made me sick to see what the main distributor of Ruger firearms is doing.
Davidson's is within a bus ride from the Ruger Factory in Prescott, AZ. They have very few of the Ruger handguns listed as being in stock. I went lookin' there for an LC9s, and found that there was none available from them, all listed as OOS.
Then I went "surfing" and found a few of the LC9s pistols on Gunbroker, being sold by Davidson's there, with a starting bid of $415.00. The starting bid!
That's over $100.00 more than dealer pricing, and I'm sure they will charge more than a couple of bucks for shipping.
I'm going to remember this issue when things eventually get better and one of their sales reps calls and asks me what I need. I already plan to tell that person, that I need someone "reputable" to buy from, and not a bandit who takes advantage of their customers in times like these.

Yah, Yah, I know all about supply and demand, but if the supply is there and also the customers need is also, items will get sold and customers will not feel defiled.

What say you?

·
Registered
431 Posts
All used firearms are selling here for a premium and people are paying through the nose. Same with the ammo shortage.
*I am fortunate to have a great LGS and several sources that look out for us loyal shooters. I will give my business to those that are honest and fair.
*I will remember those that bumped up prices beyond the "supply and demand" law. These days have turned negative because of the political climate and some dealers are really escalating prices and it is now the law of the jungle.
*When things get better I too will remember the salesman for better or for worse!

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would not blame the dealer. First of all there is not much markup on a firearm to begin with. A small business owner has a huge over head. He has to sell in volume to keep the store open. So now you are back to supply and demand. Why would he sell a gun that is in huge demand for a paltry amount of money when he himself cannot get any supply? He is not in business to be a nice guy. Suppose you had one gun only and there were 200 people in line wanting to buy it and you would not be getting any more in for a long time? And YOU have bills to pay to keep the door open? Are you saying you would sell for a paltry amount of money just to be a nice guy?
It is always supply and demand.
And it is going to get worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts