Ruger Pistol Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Id have to disagree with a few of the above posts. I have used NOTHING but weaponshield for two years on my Ruger SR9.

Never had a problem, gun looks brand new. Used this from day one and due to the qualities of this lubricant the gun is EASY to clean after firing.
Stuff just doesnt stick when oiled/cleaned with this stuff.

This stuff is GREAT!

It was started by George Fennell the inventor of FP-10 and former Tech Director of MPC. Its been tested to be better than break free.

Heck to prove how good it is he was giving it away in 1oz bottles a year or so ago.

Some good testimonies from Military Personal in Iraq

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/47155-weaponshield-iraq-afganistan.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+fennell+and+weaponshield&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been using Ballistol - www.ballistol.com

I started using it on my Glock 26 and am now using it on my LCP. Cleans up the gunk nicely and provides gunk-free lubrication. I've never had a single failure of any kind on the Glock and ran another 50 through the LCP today without any failures. A bit on the smelly side, but works great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm brand new here. I actually just finally ordered an LCP after lurking here for quite a while for info.
I was glad to see a topic of something here I'm familiar with. I've used nothing but Weapon Shield for over two years now (except for Sweets that I use for heavy copper fouling). It's great stuff. Everything runs smoother, triggers are lighter and smoother and is much easier to clean. It supposedly bonds to the metal and it must because each time I would take one out shooting and then clean, the cleaning went easier each time through about 4 cycles. Protects the blued finishes better than wiping with a silicon cloth. Non-toxic, no strong smell. I can even clean my guns in the kitchen now without the exhaust fan on and my wife doesn't even complain.
No, I really don't sell the stuff. I just like it so well I tell every gun owner I meet about it. I want to see them do well so I can always get it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
For years I've used Mobile one (bought a quart and am now on last 2 oz....) Amsoil post reminded me of this...

Use miltec as well now...

Kraigster, I assume you mean to polish the (feed ramp) + chamber entrance and chamber...or the lead in edges to the chamber...

As I understand it, the throat is the forward end of the chamber where the slug enters the rifled part of the barrel erosion here is often a cause for reduced accuracy...I think that polishing here would cause the same thing.....

Thoughts....?

·
Registered
66 Posts
gcwimmer said:
I use MILITEC-1 oil on all metal parts and with first treatment heat treat with a hair dryer and use MILITEC-1 grease on slide.
Same here! I also use Gibbs lubricant to clean the gun, then Militec-1.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
This my sound like an odd question. But, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the needle applicator on the free sample that weaponshield sends you. I like the product but each time I use it the next time I can get nothing to come out the applicator. It is like it becomes stopped up. Even brought another pin oiler just get the needle applicator to use. It the same thing to me today.

·
Registered
418 Posts
This my sound like an odd question. But, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the needle applicator on the free sample that weaponshield sends you. I like the product but each time I use it the next time I can get nothing to come out the applicator. It is like it becomes stopped up. Even brought another pin oiler just get the needle applicator to use. It the same thing to me today.

RougeLCP - No problem with my oiler, works great. I am testing it on all my firearms and so far I love the product and the oiler! ;D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
James.... thanks for the reply. Guess it is just me. I also like the product and was thinking of ordering a larger bottle. But I was still hoping to be able to use the applicator. Don't know why it doesn't continue to work for me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Weapon Shield is good stuff, as is FP-10, which the guy who developed WS developed first. WS goes a little farther than FP-10 though, as the latter is more a lube, whereas WS is a lube and protectant.

I've begun using Gunzilla CLP in the last year or so. Great stuff that dries and leaves a lubricating film. The film stays around, and when you wet it with CLP at the next cleaning, the crud comes right off with it. I use it on everything from my LCP to my AR-15.

-- Sam

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've used Weapon Shield on everything for a couple years. Reallly good stuff. I don't have their oiler pen (was not available
when I first started using it). I bought another brand small needle oiler bottle at my local gun shop,dumped it out, cleaned it
and filled it up with WS. Never had a problem with it clogging.

·
Registered
160 Posts
For all of you Militec-1 fans...

They have LOST their NSN number from the Government because the product DOES NOT perform as stated. It offers almost ZERO rust protection! On a pistol like an LCP, it MAY be OK as a lube but DO NOT run this stuff on an AR platform as those weapons must be run wet due to the high heat in the bolt system.

I have tried over one dozen products off the shelf and cannot believe the junk people "claim" their product can do. There are fewer than 4 or 5 products even worth buying. One stands out head & shoulders above the rest. But you all run what you think works best for you.

Just thought you'd like to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
M_E_ said:
I have tried over one dozen products off the shelf and cannot believe the junk people "claim" their product can do. There are fewer than 4 or 5 products even worth buying. One stands out head & shoulders above the rest. But you all run what you think works best for you.

So were you going to share the information, or just taunt us with your superior knowledge? Or are we supposed to guess?

-- Sam

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
M_E_ said:

They have LOST their NSN number from the Government because the product DOES NOT perform as stated. It offers almost ZERO rust protection! On a pistol like an LCP, it MAY be OK as a lube but DO NOT run this stuff on an AR platform as those weapons must be run wet due to the high heat in the bolt system.

So what is it.....

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
....yep, I think I'm developing bad cases of hives and rash waiting for the verdict...time to get out the Monkey Butt... ;D

Tarheel

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I went to Militec's website found some NSN numbers. Went to the gubberment website to check on them and they appear to not work anymore.

Don't know if that means anything or if maybe they were given new numbers.

There is an awful lot of testimonial info from people who were/are in the military and who swear by the stuff.

I have some Monkey Butt....didn't know it would work on weapons.....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
rar0 said:
M_E_ said:

So what is it.....
We still don't know....What is it????

41 - 60 of 66 Posts