Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing more than pure curiousity, just wondering how long if any is the waiting period in your state for new firearm purchases?

In Illinois- 24 hours for shotgun
72 hours for handguns

·
Registered
101 Posts
CT =

2 week wait on long guns if you have no carry permit and no pistols without the permit.

If you have a hunting license you can walk right out same day with a long gun or shotgun but no pistols.

If you have a pistol permit you can walk right out same day with a long gun or a pistol.

Nietz

·
Registered
262 Posts
TX - Just BUY IT NOW! No Wait!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
In Idaho, you have to wait for the salesperson to put it in a bag, way to long of a time in my opinion ;D

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's even easier if you have your CHL in Texas too!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Arizona... walk in, fill out paperwork, wait a few minutes while they make their phone call to the Department of Public Safety for your background check, pay your money and walk out.

If you have a CCW, no call to DPS for a background check required.

I purchased 6 semi-autos in a four month period... not one eyebrow was raised.

·
Registered
935 Posts
in Montana , the waiting period is the time it takes to write down your NCIS

transaction number from you CWP. And if you don't have a CWP, then it's the time it takes for the FFL to get a NCIS transaction number. Sure is nice to live in a state where EVERY able-bodied citizen is a member of the Montana State Militia (as stated in the state Constitution), and that open carry is legal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In KY if you have a CCP, they write the number on the back of the Federal form-no phone call.

Without a CCP, they make the call and asssuming you pass you're out the door with your new toy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
fred said:
; In Delaware, instant background check, no waiting period.

Same in Michigan... except you have to run down to the county office and pick up a purchase permit- $10 (I think it's just a money raising ploy because background checks are done when you buy anyway). That requirement is waved with a CPL; still have to have a "safety inspection" done... back door registration... Also no law banning open carry in MI, so technically it's an open carry state.

lets think about this for a second... how many people really buy a gun at a store today and go use it to commit a crime?  I've got to believe the numbers are statistically irrelevant.

Lets not even discuss making you wait when you already own firearms...

·
Registered
935 Posts
leather5to1 said:
Welcome from PA, no wait just a phone call. But maybe I should move to Montana, that sounds better.
AS an Old (Florida) Gator who was born in PA (Pittsburgh), it sure is nice to be a citizen of the very gun friendly state of Montana.

·
Registered
263 Posts
In NC with a CC permit pay-n-go. No carry permit go to county sheriff get $5 purchase permit, then pay-n-go. John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts