Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those who serve or have served this great country of ours, we salute you on this special day.

God Bless America!

G

·
Relax, while I have a negative rant as to Veterans Day, let me preference this with the fact that it is positive for the Veterans. I work at a fairly major VA acute care facility now-o-days. I will (actually, I am now) be working on Veterans Day as I have almost every year. This has always been something that burns even my pink-o butt. I'm here working harder than normal or at least usual because it's Veterans Day and ALL the clinics, PCP even the pharmacy is closed because, hey, it's a Holiday! All those administrative types who write those slogans, you know "Veterans Come First" you won't see their cars in the parking lot, it's a Holiday! So anyone who needs service has few choices, the ER of course will be open. Which is fine I work most holidays anyway but not only will we have real emergency patients, everyone who came in for minor "clinic" problems who were unaware the whole place will be shut down gets dumped to the ER which of course, makes things run smoothly, if you think the waits were long on a normal day, hey stop by on Veterans Day. So the spirit of the VA is on Veterans Day provide even less services because, IT"S A HOLIDAY, enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts