Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loading the last one or two cartridges into my 45 cal magazines were quite difficult when the magazines were new, even for not so old thumbs. I then discovered the UpLULA from http://maglula.com/. Although I have no particular trouble loading the LCP mags, I decided to try it on the LCP mags. A 380 magazine is near the limit of the UpLULA's capability and takes a little more care than when I'm loading the 45 cal magazines. Bottom line... It's faster for me than loading with thumbs.

Note: Image link from Tripod removed by moderator due to it no longer being a valid/working link!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Available in the Elsie Pea Store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,181 Posts
The best semi auto gun accessory you could ever hope to find IMHO. It works with virtually every gun, every caliber. And because it's so good, I have dumped all my other magazine loaders. This is the only mag loader you need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
HowardCohodas said:
... I decided to try it on the LCP mags. A 380 magazine is near the limit of the UpLULA's capability and takes a little more care than when I'm loading the 45 cal magazines. ...
So the regular UpLULA will work with 380, only need to carefull?
I'm (still) trying to decide whether to order one or wait for the baby UpLULA to be released. It is nearly the middle march and would be a nice birthday present for my sef. That, a CT and a Uncle Mike's holster.

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,228 Posts
...Andy, the UpLULA will work fine with the .380. I don't use mine for the LCP because it's an easy mag to load. However, my BDA is 13 in the mag that is a chore...the UpLULA makes it a snap. I may buy the Baby for my P22 more so than the LCP, but the Up is fine...it also serves me loading my 9mm, .40 and .45...all in one package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,042 Posts
Even though I find loading the .380 easy enough by hand, I have used the Uplula on it and it works great. When it come to loading my .40S&W it is the best accessory I have ever bought. At least my thumbs think so. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
I have never used mag loaders that came with some of my pistols. Most of my guns are single stack. Primarily 1911's.
Now I have a Glock 19 and a Sr9c with double stack mags. I have to admit that they can be a PITA to load with out using the included mag loaders.
I have not tried the UpLula, but do use the mag loaders on these two pistols.
I really didn't like admitting this. :mad:

Snake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
rockyw said:
OK every time this comes up I have to put my vote in for a HKS loader. I have a 943 that works for my single stack 9mm and the LCP 380. I think it's muck easier than the Upula. http://www.pistoleer.com/hks/magazine/ I paid less that 10 bucks for mine.
I just checked out their web site and I have two things against them. First, heir loaders don't look nearly as universal as the UpLULA. Second, I hate sites that play music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,228 Posts
...for you AR15, AK45, MP5 etc. folks, I'll make a case for the standard LULA loader/unloader...it's the cat's meow. I can load thirty rounds in my AR15 mag in about 40 seconds with nary a cut, bruise or sore hand...makes life quite pleasant at the range when time to re-juice the mags...

Tarheel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Tarheel said:
...for you AR15, AK45, MP5 etc. folks, I'll make a case for the standard LULA loader/unloader...it's the cat's meow. I can load thirty rounds in my AR15 mag in about 40 seconds with nary a cut, bruise or sore hand...makes life quite pleasant at the range when time to re-juice the mags...

Tarheel
You know... it may sound crazy but I get some enjoyment out of loading the 20 & 30 round mags for my ranch rifle by hand. Speed has its place and I will probably get a LULA sometime but .... hey it's somehow therapeutic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
HowardCohodas said:
Loading the last one or two cartridges into my 45 cal magazines were quite difficult when the magazines were new, even for not so old thumbs. I then discovered the UpLULA from http://maglula.com/. Although I have no particular trouble loading the LCP mags, I decided to try it on the LCP mags. A 380 magazine is near the limit of the UpLULA's capability and takes a little more care than when I'm loading the 45 cal magazines. Bottom line... It's faster for me than loading with thumbs.

Note: Image link from Tripod removed by moderator due to it no longer being a valid/working link!!!
I bought mine for the same reason, when I was shooting the P220 at the range, got my LCP and tried the speed loader with it and it works great, as said before just need to be a lil extra carefull of what your doing but it works fine for it.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top