Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Trigger Upgrade on new Mark IV 22/45 lite

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bubba68 
#1 ·
I just picked up a Mark IV 22/45 lite and have been reading quite a bit about how awful the factory trigger is. Seems there’s a few options out there and I had originally considered just trying to polish the factory trigger group to see if I can make it more acceptable. I have the opportunity to pick up the VQ accurizing kit for a decent price and am considering doing that while I can at that price. Wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts were on this, primary use will be target shooting and maybe some hunting.

#2 ·
If you want a much better trigger pull on your MK IV then the VQ kit would be the way to go. If you have any experience working on guns and smoothing up the internal parts then you can get close to a VQ trigger pull on your own. The VQ parts should get you to around a 3lb pull or less which would be ok for a hunting and target work.

I have a MK IV 22/45 target model and I put the VQ kit in mine. With some polishing and a couple other tweaks I ended up with just under a 2lb trigger pull measured with a Wheeler digital gauge. I like the flat face triggers so I put a Tandemkoss trigger in it to. Since I put the VQ kit in it I have put at least 4000 rounds through the gun and the only issues I have had have been ammo related.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

#3 ·
Yea I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the kit. At least I will have it for when I get time to tear it down. I know the two main issues I've read are the trigger reset spring being too weak and light strikes from the factory firing pin with that kit. Hopefully both of those are resolved by now.

How do you like that bushnell on there for an optic? I have a TRS-25 I think laying around but was considering something like a Vortex Venom or some other type of open sight instead of the tube type. Mine will most likely always be a suppressor host

#4 ·
If you like to shoot from the reset neither the stock trigger return spring or the one that comes with the VQ kit give you much of a reset that you can feel. I have a pretty good collection of springs and I found one that I used as the trigger return spring. It is stronger than the stock spring and it gives me a decent reset that you can feel so I have been using that one. Never had any light firing pin strikes though.

I like the TRS 25 it has been on the gun since I bought it and it has worked well for me. Only negative is the physical size it is a little big. I have a couple Vortex Venoms on two other guns and they work well too. Vortex has a lifetime no questions asked warranty fix or replace if it goes bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.