Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened at the range, and happens when I dry fire. The Trigger Bar pops off of the pin on the Trigger Pivot. Of course, I have "benched" Elsie Pea until I can sort this out.

The problem looks twofold:
1. The pin at the end of the Trigger Pivot is a bit "rounded off".
2. The hole in the front end of the trigger bar id somewhat "beveled".
As a result, the trigger bar "pops off" of the pin.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any recommendations for repair? i.e. send it to Ruger, purchase and install another Bar and Pivot, aftermarket parts, etc.

By the way I have installed an RTK trigger - no change.
I have installed the Crimson Trace laser, but I don't suppose that has anything to do with this problem.
I use the Promag magazines with the pinky floorplate. I can't see that making any difference either.

Thanks, and have a Safe and Prosperous New Year.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Give the good folks at Ruger Customer Service a call. They stand by their products. Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts
Call Ruger and tell them about it, they stand behind there products.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've put over travel stops on several pistols, mostly .22s. It is very nice to have the trigger reliably break and move no more rearward. That is fine for a target pistol or plinker but the LCP is no target pistol and for me its primary function is concealed carry. This means that while I have installed an over travel stop out of JB Weld I have made sure it has more than a little extra over travel for reliable release. I will say that I keep an eye on this. The trigger not moving far enough rearward to release the hammer on a plinker is one thing. On a self defense firearm it is totally unacceptable. And, as I have fired this pistol over the years something has worn along the fire control components that at one point removed the extra clearance that was built in. So, I filed off the over travel stop to insure reliable release and keep a close eye on this.

To install, I simply degrease the rear of the trigger, mix some JB Weld, install a drop and let it hang down as it cures. As it firms up I shape it into a blunt pyramid shape and when hard use a good quality fingernail file with emery grit to remove material until I get the amount of overtravel I want. This will be more than on a plinker or target pistol. The trigger on the LCP can pinch your finger if you place your finger too low on the trigger. Sometimes I fire 200 to 300 rounds at a time and getting a finger pinched gets old. I'll put up some better pictures later. In the one above I had degreased the parts for cleaning and inspection which is why the stop doesn't match color wise. When cleaned and lubed with something like Remoil it matches the trigger color pretty closely. I've had it on there for 4,000 rounds. M1911

P22

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Great photographs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts