Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Took the New LCP For A Shoot

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ooben 
#1 ·
Picked up my LCP from Cabela's on last Sunday. Took it out to my favorite range on Monday. Have to report the gun was very accurate even on the first 100 rounds. However, I have the reported nicks on the rounds after ejection and had a little trouble chambering the Win FMJ's. I think I need to grease the slide better. Have ordered the Enos grease to see if the problem resolves. I definitely need to wear safety glasses with this pistol. The rounds seem to eject straight up and back. At any rate I'm experimenting and will report my experiences as they occur. Greetings from San Antonio!!! ::)

#4 ·
x2sig said:
Picked up my LCP from Cabela's on last Sunday. Took it out to my favorite range on Monday. Have to report the gun was very accurate even on the first 100 rounds. However, I have the reported nicks on the rounds after ejection and had a little trouble chambering the Win FMJ's. I think I need to grease the slide better. Have ordered the Enos grease to see if the problem resolves. I definitely need to wear safety glasses with this pistol. The rounds seem to eject straight up and back. At any rate I'm experimenting and will report my experiences as they occur. Greetings from San Antonio!!! ::)
Welcome to the forum x2sig!
I know what you mean about the brass, I usually shoot out in the yard so it's not to easy to determine where the brass is falling. Out of 150 round I have only been able to find about 10 casings. One would think I should find a pile of them somewhere but despite a search of 30 foot radius that's all I came up with. I need to have someone watch a see how far they go.

#5 ·
Hi x2, welcome to the forum! I think you are lucky if your LCP shucks the shells 30 feet back, mine use to spread them out more than 10 inch open choke 12 gauge! 30 feet to the front, 30 feet to each side , and of course, 30 feet to the rear. I even had some that must have gone 30 feet straight up, nailed me on my bald spot....
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.