Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Naybor said:
Wouldn't work ~ couldn't work.

When fired, Miss Elsie's barrel moves backward, then cants down in the back to receive the next shell. A suppressor would totally mess up functioning and most likely tear her up. The only barrels you can attach a suppressor to is one that is unmovable (rigid) in the weapon.

At first glance, good idea, but Elsie is much too little anyway.
1. Browning type actions are suppressed all the time.
Google Nielsen device for an education.
2. Not all suppressors are a foot long.
Thompson Machine makes the Poseidon which weighs 4oz and is 1/3 that size.

This is not only cheap, but uses an ablative medium (water,gel etc) as well as wipes to increase sound suppression despite its small size. Its also user serviceable.

And there is also the Nano that DeGroat makes. Similar story.

It may not work on an LCP. But why on earth is there all this hate? I search for a threaded barrel and this is the first result on Google.

Sad.

You don't think the LCP might be fun if it was hearing safe?

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
Asmodeus said:
But why on earth is there all this hate?
I don't read any hate in the posts in this topic - just truthful comments that such a device would probably upset the physics of a small pistol such as the LCP and it would probably not function properly.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I wish I had the $$ to buy based on cool factor alone. silencer/suppressor has cool out the wazoo. but I can't bring myself to buy anything that has such limited practical use. good for you though if you jump through all the hoops to get one. I'd love to see it. (I'm no gunsmith so I have no opinion of its functionality)

·
Registered
27 Posts
SkipD said:
Asmodeus said:
But why on earth is there all this hate?
I don't read any hate in the posts in this topic - just truthful comments that such a device would probably upset the physics of a small pistol such as the LCP and it would probably not function properly.
I agree. But still like options. Maybe the TM Poseidon wont work. Maybe the Nano would. The point is we'll never know. As no threaded barrels exist for the LCP. Hell I'd buy one just to put a flash suppressor on it for range days... these little guns bark.

But think about it in general terms. If you could get it to work. Even semi reliably.
1. .380 out of the LCP is already subsonic.
2. A small light suppressor + a small light gun.
3. Very little $ in the host gun. $230-300 keltec/LCP
- still doubles as a normal gun when barrel/springs aren't in.
4. These "cans" are cheap. Like $350. (+$200 stamp)

Not too many packages you can put together that are centerfire for less than a grand.

Its not as stupid as it sounds at first. Truly.

As insanely popular as these have become I'm surprised no one has put a threaded barrel out yet honestly. Even if it served no purpose. Heck that hasn't made many people stop from making all manner of useless things for guns.

Plus, if you have another 9mm or smaller gun. You can use it on that too. Now it gets even more mileage.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Some guns are more suited to changing the barrel. Take the BERSA thunder 380acp, The barrel is pressed in & pined.
It would be very easy to turn down and install a longer barrel with threads on the end. The threads are easy to cut when the barrel is chucked up.

RICHGCOOP

·
Registered
56 Posts
I value my hearing, and i love suppressors, they are more functional than people put out to be! As far as movie sound and it not sounding like the movies, is based on the maker, in which allot of companies are machinist, i am not putting down machinist either, that's what i was for 15 years of my life before i went into engineering, but most gunsmiths slash machinist, just build couple baffles, and a little sound test, that's it. I go through all processes, fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, physics, and 3D modeling on Pro Engineer, the difference is hearing safe suppressors! I guess what i am saying here is suppressor design is not where it can be, it can be improved on big time!!!!!!!!

Will the LCP ever have a threaded barrel, i have personal heard of one company that did make one, Innovative Arms, they also made a 32 caliber barrel for LCP! Will it be functional, i do not know, other than they have aftermarket springs and most good suppressor companies will make a LID for their suppressor!

The diamondback, .380 version has an couple of options for .380, you can get gun and suppressor for a decent price, and the suppressor is under 4", they also offer threaded barrels, all from factory of diamond back! Now James bond has suppressed the Walther, and i know people that have them in .380. Oh yeah for .22 lr guys they now have a hearing safe non wet suppressor under 2"!

When i was in the army i lost my hearing being around tanks and artillery all the time even with ear protection, i guess at my age, you value your ears more, and can appreciate suppressors!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Re: Threaded barrel for LCP???

Definitely couldn't use sights with a silencer installed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
1. Browning type actions are suppressed all the time.
Google Nielsen device for an education.
2. Not all suppressors are a foot long.
Thompson Machine makes the Poseidon which weighs 4oz and is 1/3 that size.

This is not only cheap, but uses an ablative medium (water,gel etc) as well as wipes to increase sound suppression despite its small size. Its also user serviceable.

And there is also the Nano that DeGroat makes. Similar story.

It may not work on an LCP. But why on earth is there all this hate? I search for a threaded barrel and this is the first result on Google.

Sad.

You don't think the LCP might be fun if it was hearing safe?
The 9mm sound suppressor will work with the
does anybody make a threaded barrel for the LCP? And can I use a 9mm sound suppressor?
Yes you can use a 9mm Sound Suppressor with the .380 its 9mm Kurtz in German 9mm short = .380

21 - 29 of 29 Posts