Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
...I was thinking about a suppressed LCP too. However, after another look at my modified Bobcat I decided that silence isn't always golden...darn thing prints pretty bad as well:

Tarheel

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tarheel said:
...I was thinking about a suppressed LCP too. However, after another look at my modified Bobcat I decided that silence isn't always golden...darn thing prints pretty bad as well:

Tarheel
::)

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
I don't think they make that type of barrel or suppressor.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
AKS, no offense but you're kidding right? Why on earth would you want a threaded barrel on a Ruger LCP? ???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wouldn't work ~ couldn't work.

When fired, Miss Elsie's barrel moves backward, then cants down in the back to receive the next shell. A suppressor would totally mess up functioning and most likely tear her up. The only barrels you can attach a suppressor to is one that is unmovable (rigid) in the weapon.

At first glance, good idea, but Elsie is much too little anyway.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
+1. It goes to say that the sheer added weight and the physics in play would render the gun inoperable, Probably destroy it as well in the process. 'Nuff said. Just when you thought you heard everything. Wow. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tarheel said:

Tarheel
I almost spit my coffee when I seen that picture. I love it! Good luck fitting that in your pocket.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Tarheel said:

Tarheel
But, is it quiet? ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
kraigster414 said:
AKS, no offense but you're kidding right? Why on earth would you want a threaded barrel on a Ruger LCP? ???
That was going to be my question. Well, other than the fact that suppressors really don't suppress all that much.
That cute little quiet "phut" that silencers make on tv is just some tv producer's imagination going wild again.
I can't see a reason for one on any gun. What you end up with is a noisy two foot long club with a gun on one end.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
gasbag said:
That was going to be my question. Well, other than the fact that suppressors really don't suppress all that much.
That cute little quiet "phut" that silencers make on tv is just some tv producer's imagination going wild again.
I can't see a reason for one on any gun. What you end up with is a noisy two foot long club with a gun on one end.
mn_doggie said:
But, is it quiet? ;)
...mn...it probably would be quiet if I had one for the Bobcat...just a little fun...from the sublime to the ridiculous in this case...

...gasbag, you will find some interesting dialog about suppressors in this thread:

http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15469.0

...also, you'll get the general idea of what it can do or not do with this vid...my P22 is fitted with the Outback II, so this is quite relevant:

...do what you have to do...I can shoot it all day long in my back yard (very carefully with safety in mind) and the neighbors think some squirrels had some really bad farts... ;)

Tarheel

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Tarheel......You must wear those suspender overalls with big pockets to carry that Bobcat....... :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
TRIGGER_1 said:
Tarheel......You must wear those suspender overalls with big pockets to carry that Bobcat....... :D :D :D
And that pocket bulge gets a lot of attention too! Yogi :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
TRIGGER_1 said:
... ;D.'....Trig and Yogi...it's gotta be a real chic magnet who has one in pocket carry ;D

Tarheel

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Yogi......I think its time for you to buy some suspender overalls with big pockets too........ ;D
Tarheels got all the action covered with that big suppressor....... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Tarheel said:
mn_doggie said:
But, is it quiet? ;)
...mn...it probably would be quiet if I had one for the Bobcat...just a little fun...from the sublime to the ridiculous in this case...

...gasbag, you will find some interesting dialog about suppressors in this thread:

http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15469.0

...also, you'll get the general idea of what it can do or not do with this vid...my P22 is fitted with the Outback II, so this is quite relevant:
...do what you have to do...I can shoot it all day long in my back yard (very carefully with safety in mind) and the neighbors think some squirrels had some really bad farts... ;)

Tarheel
Very impressive. Better than many of the movie sounds.

I'm still jealous...we can't have them in MN. My soon to be delivered S&W M&P 15-22 has the threaded barrel.... :(

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
TRIGGER_1 said:
Yogi......I think its time for you to buy some suspender overalls with big pockets too........ ;D
Tarheels got all the action covered with that big suppressor....... ;D ;D ;D
You might be onto something here! I'll let you know! lol Yogi :eek: :eek: ::) ::)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts