Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I strongly suspect that Ruger is planning to discontinue the LC9s in favor of the EC9s and that day is just about here. I notice that two of my favorite sources, RK Guns and GOG/Gun Genie, are no longer listing the LC9s. Well RK lists them, but all are "sold out". Yes, the LC9s is still on Ruger's website, but, I suspect not for long.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The title of this section will have to be changed to: "LC9/EC9"

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well seems to already be No Mo Pro!

Reactions: ETS

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I don't see much difference in the two weapons. Den

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sights, safety and slide finishes is the only differences between them. Besides price that is lol.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well the OP didn't mention the pro model without a safety. The S/E both have safety's. Blueing and black oxide are the same thing and the S sights only have a horizontal adjustment,I find a vertical adjustment is more useful when exploring different ammo out beyond 10 yards. So I guess the price would be the only difference to me. Den

·
Registered
205 Posts
None of our vendors have LC9s in stock. The EC9s seems to be the flavor of the future. At $249 we are selling them for less than the LCP II, which goes $279, and we sold the LC9s for $399, Pro or not. Triggers seem to be uniformly decent, reliability is great with all ammo. Sights are crude, but a little paint solves that. Customers all love it.

Compared to the SCCY and Taurus offerings I will take the EC9s hands down.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Outdoor Superstore has these beauties. I just picked one up! Also for those interested I removed the mag disconnect, added night sights and now, imo, have the perfect LC9s.[/url]
That is a really good deal on a vanishing species.......You removed the mag disconnect safety and now have a "semi-pro".:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Oh, congrats on your first post and:

IcozYaBm.jpg

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Removing the mag disconnect safety on the LC9s requires complete removal of the trigger assembly--my Gunsmith did it with my immutable assistance. Did you do it urself?.....suspect you are a bit more mechanically inclined than I am. Guess that's why I could be nicknamed "Thumble Thumbs".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha ETS, yes, l did it myself with the help of a you tube video. The guy that did the video was very good at showing everything and taking his time. I'm pretty sure that noone would refer to me as "mechanically inclined"!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha ETS, yes, l did it myself with the help of a you tube video. The guy that did the video was very good at showing everything and taking his time. I'm pretty sure that noone would refer to me as "mechanically inclined"!
Can you list the video for my edification?...And thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will, if that sort of thing is allowed on this forum. But if you go to YouTube and search Ruger LC9s magazine disconnect removal. You should be able ro find it. There was only 1 video on the procedure.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will give it a try.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The UTube I reviewed was good....now I remember why I took to my gunsmith!

Reactions: pennsy
1 - 20 of 27 Posts