Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Well written James. Good stuff. I did not spend that much time with my sister when she and my mother, both of which have been around guns all their lives, said nobody needs an assault rifle. My response went something like this.

It may surprise you to know that I have two of the type of guns that you say nobody should have. First and foremost I have them because they are fun. Do you guys remember that? When we went out shooting for fun before the media got inside your heads? Secondly, I am not going to get into the need question at all. I simply want them and the world will in no way be safer if guns like these are taken away from people like me. If we are talking about need, neither of you need those cigarettes that you smoke but people like me are not the ones trying to make them illegal.

I don't know that I changed their mind but it clearly made them think a little. They both seemed surprised that I had those type of guns.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It may be interesting to note that hammers were used in more murders last year than all rifles in the US.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Would a jackhammer be considered an assault hammer? I am just trying to think this through.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any hammer capable of automatic blows would be an assault hammer by definition.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I thought so but sometimes I over simplify. Thanks for the clarity. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Seriously though, if a BG ran at me with a cordless jackhammer I would shoot him, but I would be scared spitless for a second. :chuncky:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
It may surprise you to know that I have two of the type of guns that you say nobody should have. First and foremost I have them because they are fun. Do you guys remember that? When we went out shooting for fun before the media got inside your heads? Secondly, I am not going to get into the need question at all. I simply want them and the world will in no way be safer if guns like these are taken away from people like me.
Well stated. If I don't tell, you probably wouldn't guess I own and enjoy my shooting my AR15 and pistol gripped shotgun as well.

Hammers are just plain dangerous...

"Firearms are marks of political sovereignty."

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I encourage everyone to pass my blog entry to their friends who don't know why these weapons are important for good citizens to own.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I encourage everyone to pass my blog entry to their friends who don't know why these weapons are important for good citizens to own.
James, a very well stated blog on your part, and I think most, if not all, forum members would agree with you 100%. The offer to pass your blog entry on to others is a very noble offer. The problem I see with this issue is you either strongly agree or strongly dis-agree, and with knowing that, most who dis-agree won't bother to read the real facts, as they have already made up their liberal, progressive minds that these need to be banned. We have entered a very dangerous time in our history, and it is imperative that we stand up and fight the nay-sayers on this issue. It becomes very hard to reason with a "True Leftist", as they are extremely un-controllable & very un-realistic. Heck, I responded to one of my H.S. friends post about this issue on FB, and he wrote back a very nasty response calling me a hipocrite, a labeler, and basically a racist because I dared to dis-agree with him. And before I had a chance to respond, he had de-friended me, so I sent him a private message instead. These people (the leftists') are NOT reasonable, and have made it clear they would like to CHANGE the Constitutional Laws of this land, and we must not let that happen. Again, your blog is great & I applaud your comments! Yogi :excitement:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
A excellent piece of work. Too many people don't realize or chose to ignore what the Militia part of the 2nd Amendment was back in that day. I'm not lately planning on joining one nor do I hunt any more. However that last part ...."the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" is deeply appreciated.

Thanks for posting your essay.

Reactions: Yogi 117

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
James, a very well stated blog on your part, and I think most, if not all, forum members would agree with you 100%. The offer to pass your blog entry on to others is a very noble offer. The problem I see with this issue is you either strongly agree or strongly dis-agree, and with knowing that, most who dis-agree won't bother to read the real facts, as they have already made up their liberal, progressive minds that these need to be banned. We have entered a very dangerous time in our history, and it is imperative that we stand up and fight the nay-sayers on this issue. It becomes very hard to reason with a "True Leftist", as they are extremely un-controllable & very un-realistic. Heck, I responded to one of my H.S. friends post about this issue on FB, and he wrote back a very nasty response calling me a hipocrite, a labeler, and basically a racist because I dared to dis-agree with him. And before I had a chance to respond, he had de-friended me, so I sent him a private message instead. These people (the leftists') are NOT reasonable, and have made it clear they would like to CHANGE the Constitutional Laws of this land, and we must not let that happen. Again, your blog is great & I applaud your comments! Yogi :excitement:
Your former friend has the usual tunnel vision, common to his species. Whether it be Gun Control, Government Spending, or Illegal Aliens their Politically Correct Agenda blinds them to the any reasonable discussion, especially when confronted with pesky things like facts and reality. I doubt you will miss him.

Reactions: Yogi 117

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
...I consider owning my M&P15X in the same category as urinating...it simply provides a deeply warm and fuzzy feeling...and that's all the justification required in my case.

Well done, James.

Tarheel

1 - 20 of 27 Posts