Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find the Ruger SR .22 So I opted for a Taurus TX 22 and I must say I was not disappointed this little is a Gem. I found it to be very accurate, Pleasant to shoot fit and the finish is second to none. I had so much fun shooting I put 300 rounds down range and not one malfunction in the Pistol or CCI Mini-Mag Target Ammo. This is a great firearm for training or Home Defence with 16 shots in the mag & one in the chamber. I would recommend the CCI Stinger or CCI Velocitor for defense. They are some of the hardest-hitting .22 Ammo on the market. At a distance of 21 feet or 7 yards, I can keep a quarter-sized group in the Head, Neck, Torso of the target without a problem. I now carry the TX 22 on my side when checking my Coyote & Hog traps for dispatching I did use my Ruger .22 Revolver for this. This Pistol won Guns & Ammo 2019 Handgun of the Year. But they were hard to come by. The 17 Shots and the Speed & Accuracy of this pistol will make it a keeper for Hog & Coyote Eradication time to retire the old Revolver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much does a Taurus TX22 competition cost?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How much does a Taurus TX22 competition cost?
Price Range: $459 - $599 but I have seen one for $450.00 the other day and it had a red dot sight on it. but I did not think it was worth it. because a standard TX22 sells for $299.00 .

·
Registered
778 Posts
MSRP is $484.85, but Gun Shop prices will most likely run much lower than that. I have only seen a couple of the competition versions and just from a "look-see", I think that the front half of the slide being missing, will possibly allow a lot of debris to collect around the exposed barrel.
I don't trust very many of the "internet reviews", or the slick magazine reviews of firearms as the reviewer is paid for doing those sort of things and not-so-good-of-a -review, will cause advertising to fall off in their magazines.
I like your idea though of trying to find owners on this and other internet forums who have actually purchased one of the firearms you're interested in. Some of those folks will provide "fair" interviews and may disclose the cost of what they payed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts