Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a suppressor on a Ruger LCP .380?

I am 99% sure they're 9mm in diameter so I would think there would at least
be some kind of compatible barrel to switch out and put a suppressor on.

Or would suppressing one reduce the already low amount of velocity/energy to much?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Check with Ruger customer service and they will tell you what you need to do to use a suppressor with your Elsie or not.

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
47 Posts
My understanding is that they do not make a longer barrel that could be threaded, nor does anyone else currently. That said, what folks have done in the past is have a gun smith shave down(and thread) the outside of an existing LCP barrel to attach a short barrel extension (threaded the same way, but on the inside) that is itself threaded for a suppressor.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I remember those photos. There was no mention of how the weapon ran or any videos.
Although I don't think the weapon would be reliable due to the weight of the can. In my opinion the chamber would be out of position to properly feed a round. If it doesn't drop down just right the cartridge might not feed.
Still, the gunsmith had fun with a few challenges performing this task. In my view a hobby gunsmith with a mini lathe could make the adapter and turn down and thread the barrel with ease providing the lathe had a 4 jaw chuck to accommodate the chamber end of the barrel. Den

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a suppressor on a Ruger LCP .380?

I am 99% sure they're 9mm in diameter so I would think there would at least
be some kind of compatible barrel to switch out and put a suppressor on.

Or would suppressing one reduce the already low amount of velocity/energy to much?

Thanks!
Yes you can but I think it wouldn't be worth it the cost would be more than to just buy another Firearm with a threaded barrel .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts