Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my first T/C Contender. I had been fascinated with them since the 80's. This was to good a deal to pass up. I found someone that wanted the 45LC barrel that I had gotten it with in exchange for the 22LR I wanted. Here it is dressed up and ready for its first range trip. My intent despite the "stay home" plea from the state of NH is to go out tomorrow. Some fresh air and some range time will do me good.

I've heard these things are seriously addictive... We shall see.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Back in the day I almost bought one in .223. I was going to scope it and use it for woodchuck hunting. Raising a family changed my plans. Good luck and happy shooting.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Good score! Nice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Nice!...............

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes! Very nice and congratulations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a contender 35 years. One of my favorites. Mine is a 45 Long Colt that also takes 3 inch .410 shells. I always get amazed looks when I take it out and break clay piegons with it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm sure by now, you've found out how accurate those T/C Contenders are. Did you 'scope it? And, what .22 Long Rifle ammunition does it adore?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've actually only had it out a few times, bad on me... Although, I have found that it likes standard velocity ammo the couple times it has gone to the range with me. Geco Match 22Lr has done well for it over the CCI SV. I picked up a stock wood forend that looks better than the black polymer. I also picked up a scope mount and rings specifically made for the Contenders by Tasco that has a beautiful deep bluing that matches the factory TC bluing. A variety of firearm related projects have delayed my looking for a pistol scope.
I'm headed out to the range tomorrow, maybe I should put it into my range bag tonight.
Thanks for asking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts