Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am getting my mom an LCP and I was just about to click the order through and I noticed in only one of the pictures that the barrel is a stainless color?? Only one pic shows it this way. How do I know if the gun the barrel and slide are blued? She wants it blued slide and barrel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess what I mean is...I am buying it from cheaper than dirt....They have this pucture on the listing along with 5 other pics, half of the pics of the barrel blued the other half have it like this. So how do you know what gun you are getting??? ya know, wtf? She wants it blued. I am going to call tomorrow when they have their gun guy in, I have a feeling im going to get an I don't know response from them.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Best I know Ruger has never made a SS barrel for the LCP. The factory standard versions are either blued or SS slide but all the barrels are blued. Probably an important consideration though is whether she is going to be comfortable shooting it. Their size makes them look less intimidating to a woman than a bigger pistol but also makes recoil and targeting control a lot tougher. If she's set on a .380 the LC .380 might work better for her from a shootability standpoint.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not pink grips ? I'm gonna guess here, you are buying a firearm with an aftermarket barrel ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Best I know Ruger has never made a SS barrel for the LCP. The factory standard versions are either blued or SS slide but all the barrels are blued. Probably an important consideration though is whether she is going to be comfortable shooting it. Their size makes them look less intimidating to a woman than a bigger pistol but also makes recoil and targeting control a lot tougher. If she's set on a .380 the LC .380 might work better for her from a shootability standpoint.
Thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing about ruger not offering a stainless barrel but than I saw this and than I looked on here and saw a lot more.
About her and the gun, she will carry this LCP, she had a larger gun before but just never took it with her because it was a little too big. I just want her to carry this thing, she likes the size and said she would carry it. I just want to get the all black because it doesn't reflect as much and simply looks better to me. Its kind of stupid that ctd has one listing with 2 different finishes in the pictures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would go the LC9 tallow with a carry handbag ? : >)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Suppavillin; Getting her to agree to carry is a major step and the LCP is excellent for ease of carry. Agree with you on the color call as well. Worst outcome is she either can't rack it or doesn't like the recoil/has cycling problems from limp wristing and you have a new pistol for your own use.

Paz; Do a Web search for "aftermarket LCP barrels" and get back to us with your findings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suppavillin; Getting her to agree to carry is a major step and the LCP is excellent for ease of carry. Agree with you on the color call as well. Worst outcome is she either can't rack it or doesn't like the recoil/has cycling problems from limp wristing and you have a new pistol for your own use.

Paz; Do a Web search for "aftermarket LCP barrels" and get back to us with your findings.
Thanks again for the reply.
Thing is...its cheaper than dirt. They would usually put an after market barrel on the guns ya know? Im gonna call tomorrow but still...
I have searched the web for LCP's with after market barrels, their are plenty. Problem is I don't know if this is an after market barrel plus, seeing all the guns on this forum with the stainless color barrel makes me wonder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I would go the LC9 tallow with a carry handbag ? : >)
Thanks for the sudgestion :) but were set on the LCP,this was after a good 6 months of narrowing it down, she doesn't want any other gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not pink grips ? I'm gonna guess here, you are buying a firearm with an aftermarket barrel ?
No pink :). She is a tom boy type, she likes black. It shouldn't be an after market barrel on this gun in the pic. The pic is from CTD and the gun is factory new. That's why im a little confused here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you Snewk !

The early LCP's that came with the shinny barrels are made of tool steel and will rust if not properly cared for with regular oiling. So you may be purchasing a early issued LCP plain steel barrel with its associated early production problems.
Or it may be just a photo chop and not the real deal. When it arrives you probably have a new model.
I once ordered a Rock Island Arsenal with the slide sign board and received the newer model with just the Logo on the rear of the slide. I was grateful. : >)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Snewk !

The early LCP's that came with the shinny barrels are made of tool steel and will rust if not properly cared for with regular oiling. So you may be purchasing a early issued LCP plain steel barrel with its associated early production problems.
Or it may be just a photo chop and not the real deal. When it arrives you probably have a new model.
I tend to think the same thing. I think its just wrong photo. I too agree that when it arrives it will be a new model all black. I mean, its factory new. If ruger doesn't put anything other than black barrels on the lcp now a days than it has to be black on a factory new. Thank you all for the input. You comments further my belief that the gun will have the black barrel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have the serial number you could find out quickly probably.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you have the serial number you could find out quickly probably.
Yea, its from cheaper than dirt. They just use the same pictures for all the LCP's of that kind, they only sell factory new firearms and merchandise. They are a retailer that sells hundred of guns each day, you don't know what serial number your getting until you open it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts