Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheaper than Dirt Shooting Sports Discounter sells an extended magazine billed as "ProMag Ruger SR9 Magazine 9mm Luger 32 Rounds".

YouTube videos claim that any SR9 mag will fit the SR9C.

Anyone know for sure if this pencils out?

If so, I would like to pick that little puppy up. Would be nice not having to drop a mag in the midst of a home defense situation.

Thanks!

Pete

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well, first off, it’s a Promag. Second, I find that “big sticks” throw off my balance and grip.
A range toy in my view. If 17 +1 doesn’t get the job done then gonna need a bigger boat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'm not sure if ProMag has good reputation or bad. You're right, the balance could throw me off. And you're also right on the 17 I already have. One shot, one K should be enough.

Was just wondering if the set up on that mag will work with the SR9c...

·
Registered
189 Posts
ProMags have worked fine in every 9mm I've ever used them in. Two Taurus G2's and most recently my EC9s. I would not hesitate to buy them. That said, I do not use extended mags for carry; I agree that the length really throws off balance. I use them at the range only so I don't have to reload as much. Also, I have one G2 loaded with an 18 round extended mag at home just in case an intruder isn't dissuaded by the first 6 rounds. LOL.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Welcome to the forum Peep Sight Pete! That mag would be perfect for the Ruger PC Carbine and also the Security 9 pistol. Denny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts