Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any problems trying to aline in sights on the 1911? Reading that the sights are really hard to move ?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Yep. And shoot off sandbags too. Then if it's off go to that there Youtubes everyone is talking about. Videos on everything there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anyone had any problems trying to aline in sights on the 1911? Reading that the sights are really hard to move ?

Stop paying attention to what you read, the sights on a Ruger SR1911 are no harder, or easier, to move than any other 1911.

Now, if you're sure it's the sight alignment, tell us what issues you have when you try to move them.

Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know if all sr1911 ruger pistols are like my ruger night watchman , but mine came set up for +p ammo. It has a 20 lb main spring in it. Ruger does state that the sr1911 is rated to take any commerical ammo. When taking the gun down for cleaning be aware that the spring plug is a booger to get the plug in. Lost my first one. I then purchased six spares. Stronger spring = more recoil......... more recoil = less accuracy. The price you pay for turning the mild 45acp into a beast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts