Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
leathersmith said:
I got tired of looking and waiting for SR 1911. Picked up a Springfield Range Officer, which are a little hard to get also.
My best friend got tired of looking too. He was number 7 on a waiting list at a LGS, with no indication when a shipment would ever come in. Just by chance, I was in a LGS last week and saw a brand new Colt Commander .45 (the 1991 Model). This is the pistol he originally wanted, but you couldn't find them either. I asked the sales clerk when that Colt came in. He said yesterday. So I called my friend and he was in the store within an hour. He picks that puppy up tomorrow...takes his concealed carry course next week. He's really happy, but still wouldn't have minded having the SR1911.

IMHO, Ruger really screwed up the production of this fine handgun. I hear they are working around the clock to make them, but they really should have had a big supply on-hand before they went on the market.

Sarge

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Sarge said:
IMHO, Ruger really screwed up the production of this fine handgun. I hear they are working around the clock to make them, but they really should have had a big supply on-hand before they went on the market.

Sarge
Maybe it's a way to test the market, If the made huge supply of them and they didn't sell... Now they tested the market and they are selling. But again this could be why I am in IT and not sales ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
A friend of mine got a tour of the factory on Monday and they have 4 new CNC machines just for the production of SR1911's. I don't know if they told him when they will start up the new line. Some would say better late than never but they really screwed the pooch on this one.

·
Registered
816 Posts
RugerRon60 said:
Sarge said:

Sarge
Maybe it's a way to test the market, If the made huge supply of them and they didn't sell... Now they tested the market and they are selling. But again this could be why I am in IT and not sales ;)
I agree with you Ron, in general terms anyway...if we were speaking about an entirely new, never been seen before product...a 1911. However, 1911s have been around for 100 years. 1911-style pistols are flying off the shelves right now, regardless of the manufacturer. Having worked in public relations, advertising and marketing for the last 13 years, it's pretty much a given that if a company is offering "their version" of an already well selling product, they should produce a sufficient quantity of that product to meet the high demand. :)

Sarge

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey JackJr.

Can anyone tour the Ruger factory or is it by invitation only. I would love to get a full report from someone on this forum that can tour the factory. Rumors abound but actionable intell is what I crave.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last time i was on here there was problem finding a recoil spring for the SR 1911 Officer in 9mm
Had a problem with mine stove piping. Texted Ruger & they sent me a new recoil spring
Model number FF 02845 Recoil spring SR 1911 LW Officer 9MM

Hope this hlep y"all

twobaths

21 - 27 of 27 Posts