Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I've only seen one and it was not for sale. It was grand prize at a Ruger Days raffle at at a LGS...did get to hold it, though.

The local Cabelas said they always sell them the day they get them.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
...I would have thought Ruger would have the SR1911 in mass producton by now :(. Those offered for sale (very few) are going in the $650-700 range, vs. the $799 MSRP. I'd like to have one of these beauties.

Tarheel

·
Registered
76 Posts
No kidding! I have wanted one since they came out. I wanted a 1911 purchased in 2011. No luck,
didn't happen. i went to the dark side and spent my money elsewhere. I am the proud owner of a
AR-15. How much money is Ruger losing trickling this gun to market? I bet lots.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I spoke to a Ruger rep at Gander Mountain back in November. He said at the current rate of production (as of then) they had enough orders to stay busy for nearly five years, with the vast majority of those going to major retailers. He also said they were working on revamping part of the production facility to make that happen a little faster. Basically, as the retailers continue to get them in stock (hopefully at a faster rate) they will gradually begin to lay in the store longer and longer, filling the supply line.

I am sure that Ruger is losing some business from people buying something else out of frustration. But I am also sure that they are creating a big demand just by the fact that you can't drive downtown and buy one. I have often wondered if they do this trickling them into the supply line on purpose. Not long ago everyone was asking where in the world they could find an LCP. It did not seem to hurt the sales of those. That is for darn sure.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I hope they put target sights on some of the future ones...... ;D
There was some mention of it on some forums that Ruger was considering it..... 8)

·
Registered
133 Posts
millertime101 said:
No kidding! I have wanted one since they came out. I wanted a 1911 purchased in 2011. No luck,
didn't happen. i went to the dark side and spent my money elsewhere. I am the proud owner of a
AR-15. How much money is Ruger losing trickling this gun to market? I bet lots.
I wanted to buy an SR1911 in 2011l, but no luck. I ended up buying a very nice 1911 from a different mfg, and it's too bad because the SR1911 was my first choice and the price was right. Well maybe when the supply increases in a couple of years I'll consider picking one up.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
bigdogdaddy said:
Ubaldo99 said:
Heck, the demand is there. Lets raffle another one! ;D
No argument here and I already won one. ;D
;D Lucky Dog.... I checked out the Instruction Manual for some ideas on 1911 assembly and disassembly. It comes with a wrench to depress the recoil spring retainer. No paper clip looking tool for Ruger. For a recommended retail price of $799.00 I'd say you got a good deal.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
leathersmith said:
I got tired of looking and waiting for SR 1911. Picked up a Springfield Range Officer, which are a little hard to get also.
Congrats to you...The Springfield Range Officer is a very nice choice too.... 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
TRIGGER_1 said:
leathersmith said:
I got tired of looking and waiting for SR 1911. Picked up a Springfield Range Officer, which are a little hard to get also.
Congrats to you...The Springfield Range Officer is a very nice choice too.... 8) 8) 8)
+1 leathersmith........ how about a phot of that Springfield Range Officer. A co-worker was able to get a Colt Defender that had only been shot twice. He got it for in trade for a pistol he paid $197 for at a gun show plus $400. I thought it was a good deal for him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts