Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The average shooting distance in most shootings will be 0-21 feet 0-7 yards I zeroed my optic for 42 feet. What if the perp was at 25 or 30 yards with a rifle and you had to take a long shot? that would be imminent danger would it not? you should be prepared in training for a long shot also. What if you were in an open area with no cover? With the optic, you pick up the sight a lot faster than iron sights I point shoot when I use Iron sights my focus is on the front sight but I noticed the optic is a bit faster in the acquisition of the sight. Like everything else you must practice with the optic my Swampfox Sentinel optic also will co-witnesses with the factory iron sights of the Hell Cat allowing you to use the iron sights if the electronic dot fails. That's why it was my primary choice of optic for the Hell Cat and the fact it also has a choice of a red or green dot.
I have been in two court case involving lethal force. If you think the judicial system will treat you fairly because God and Righteousness is on your side, think again. If you have not been through the system, you really have no standing to comment on it IMHO. I am not being a pita, I am speaking the hard earned truth. You are considered a liability, a wild card, a vigilante with a gun etc etc. The jurors will not be on our side having been selected against you, and the prosecution will rip you a new one, make you look like the problem and all your self righteous indignation etc will mean nothing. The last one I intervened to help a woman being attacked in LA, no firearm, just a knife. The attacker was the size of Shaq, and I defended the woman who was beaten severely by the perp trying to steal her car in our underground parking. We "danced" and when I felt this was going no where i deployed my knife at which time the attacker ceased and fled. Police arrived ,took him into custody, after an angry crowd had caught him fleeing and beat the crap out of him. etc.I had hid the knife in the parking garage. Police asked me about it and I said ther was no knife. They seemed fine with that answer. Over 6 weeks and multiple court appearances, where I was made the bad guy every day by prosecution focusing on and constantly asking where the knife was, which I told them there was no knife. Yup, lied! Luckily I prevailed, and he got 10 yrs. Why?, he had a rap sheet longer than a roll of TP, none of which was admissible in court!, but I found out after the trial was over from the atty. Point is, smart prosecutor turned it all on me, the armed person!, but could not prove it. Go ahead be the hero take the shot, I'll write to you in prison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts