Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been known to order Ruger firearms from Davidson's in Prescott, AZ, mainly because they are a bus ride from the Ruger Plant there. Normally, they have all the Ruger handguns in stock first. The sales person I normally deal with was the one who informed me of the Ruger Mark IV initial "HOLD" on the sales of those pistols, pre recall.
I looked at their site to see which styles of the LC9s were available. None, not in any color produced, all out-of-stock according to their web-site. So, OK, I go to Gunbroker.com to see how much more than "dealer cost" I'll need to pay for an LC9s.
Davidson's is selling those same pistols, on Gunbroker, which they claim they don't have in stock, for over $100.00 above dealer price, plus shipping. Seems kind of "raw" to me, to do that to anyone wanting a Ruger LC9s pistol. A dealer is now going to need to raise that $400.00+ to gain some sort of profit, even if it's only $1.00, when during those available days, the LC9s sold for around $330.00, or so, plus tax, of course.
I just can't do that sort of stuff to folks who frequent my services, I gotta be able to SLEEP at night! If this sort of "modus operandi" is the way they will be doing things, from here on, I'll use a different supplier.

·
Registered
431 Posts
We watched some of those bids go up to $475.00 plus! I love my LGS and that is why I support them. When he got x2 in last month he sold them for $325.00 for the LC9s and $310.00 for the EC9s(x4). They sold very fast. IF the seller wants to bump the price that is their business. I will remember those that did not kill us on prices!
*Some suppliers are really getting as much as they can. Makes things very difficult.
*It does look like times are getting really bad with no end in sight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know that my LGSs have been pretty consistent. Prices have gone up by a moderate degree, but part of that is just their distributors and such. Availability is surprisingly good other than ammo, which they get very sporadically. Still hoping to see things creep back to normal at some point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've purchased several firearms through Davidson's. I'd be very disappointed if they where selling on GB. I searched for LC9s on GB and didn't see any offered by Davidson's as a seller. I did see some advertising that their guns qualify for the Davidson's guarantee.

Am I missing something and not finding them as a seller on GB?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I'm not a dealer so I can't buy from Davidsons. I can buy from "Gallery of Guns" but they are pretty expensive. One time I used G of G to locate a weapon in my area and purchased it for 50 bucks cheaper by not mentioning G of G. Den

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just looked on GB. Those that I seen previously have either been sold, or pulled.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like things are different all over the place. The last gun I bought through Gallery of Guns ended up being $20 less than the same gun in the LGS's case. It only took 2 days to get to the same LGS.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked again yesterday, 10/12 and there are three LC9s pistols on Gunbroker being sold by Davidson's. Starting price $429.00. Davidson's on-line.........O.O.S.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I found the same. People are buying them for that price too.
Locally we have seen the EC9s back on shelves(they go quick) for $279.00 to $299.00. The LC9s is some times listed but they sell out fast too $319.00 NIB. When I see the LC9s at the used section they sell for the same price here. Glad to see not all suppliers are bumping the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts