Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my receiver back from Innovative Arms today. Sent it off on 10/20 priority mail. That's an impressive turnaround for this level of quality. The sights these folks are offering for the LCP, and the craftsmanship of both machining and finishing, are excellent. It don't hurt that they look nice, either. The tritium on that front post sure does glow nice in the shadows, too. This upgrade fully addressed my only concern with this gun. I'll be taking it out Sat. afternoon and we'll see if those patterns at 20-25 yds shrink into some semblance of groups. I'm no Hickok but I'm pretty confident I'll see material improvement. As an aside the gun still fits nicely in DeSantis' Nemesis and Super Fly pocket holsters. Might have to have the leather ones custom fitted, though a PocketHolster.com pouch seems to work OK. Leaves some black on the flat dark earth finish (tan), though. Can't be having that! I'll let you all know what Sat. reveals after 100 rds of WWB have gone downrange.

T

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTIWWOP?!? WTF? You insulting me, Slappy?! I ain't for being insulted by no Slappy. I played some football at California in the day. No wait, that was my bud Tony Gonzalez. But anyhow...

I see I typo'd and said I'd gotten my receiver back from Innovative Arms. Meant my slide. And I'll post some pics when I get back from chasing pheasants over the weekend.

T

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greedy bastages. Slappy. Can't even let a guy have that first weekend with his new squeeze to hisself. I had to look up what that TTIW thing meant. Now I'm REALLY offended! Might not post those pics at all now. Sheesh. Freakin' Slappy. Everyone say thanks, Slappy. The new guy ain't going to post no pics now. Probably couldn't figure out how anyhoo.

T

·
Registered
201 Posts
It only takes a few minutes to snap a pic and upload it, why the long wait... ???

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try to post a couple of pics. Flying blind here.

T

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did they put the OD Matt finish on the slide? Looks pretty nice...sights look a lot better too.

What did they charge you for that?

Does anyone know if Ruger would refuse to repair a gun that had this mod done??

·
Registered
9 Posts
That jwardii guy is lucky he posted those pictures. I was gonna have to tell him that I was on the swimming team in high school and I didnt care if he was on some fooseball team, post some pictures! The gun looks awesome, it has got to be better than the dot of white paint on mine. I want to hear the range report. I am pretty sure hunting pheasant with the LCP is illegal so dont forget to take your shotgun.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Looks good. Your distance accuracy should definitely improve with those suckers on the gun. Granted the LCP was designed for strictly up front and personal, point and shoot work but why not add a good set of sights to enhance your enjoyment. But now is the question....how much$ and how quick was the turnaround?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
kraigster414 said:
But now is the question....how much$ and how quick was the turnaround?
Hang the cost, gota have it. I'm so jealous I could spit.....oops, to late, have to go, need to clean moniter....

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Looks good. Your distance accuracy should definitely improve with those suckers on the gun. Granted the LCP was designed for strictly up front and personal, point and shoot work but why not add a good set of sights to enhance your enjoyment. But now is the question....how much$ and how quick was the turnaround?
yup their nice but I do think the lcp is a point and shoot gun. Not sure I would want to drop that kind of money in an lcp. Would have to see a price first--complete. Alot of people even question nite sites on a handgun as being "necessary". Course I have them on my kahr pm9 (xs24/7 big dot) and can honestly say I have never been out at nite to test out. I keep telling myself that I need to do some nite shooting to decide if I wasted money or not..

The downside of doing this to an lcp ir you will void any warranty-if it is slide related... Which right now seems to be the only part on the lcp that has not given any issues....

·
Registered
19 Posts
jocko said:
yup their nice but I do think the lcp is a point and shoot gun.
...which you may have to use in a situation that is not a "point and shoot" situation...

Alot of people even question nite sites on a handgun as being "necessary".
Those people are wrong. They either have no low light training or horrible low light "training". All fighting handguns should have some sort of low-light sighting on them, be it a laser or night sights. Preferably both, but that's not possible on all firearms.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
John, one caveat if I may....a lot of folks particlulary LE do not rely on the LCP for primary carry but as backup where encounters tend to be very close, very personal and where marksmanship is replaced by sheer adrenaline. Sights (low light or otherwise) therefore are a secondary consideration.

Target sights/low light sights on the LCP for me anyway are not critical. I typically carry a Glock 30sf or an H&K P2000 (both equipped with Tritium night sights), LCP in the pocket. As for the LCP as primary carry, with practice comes proficiency and there are numerouis point and shoot drills that should be practiced with regularity to maintain one's skills. Keep in mind too that most gun fights occur at less than 7 yards.

Lenny Magill by the way did a pretty good video on point shooting titled, "The Truth About Point Shooting."

www.gunvideo.com

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
and not sure nite sites is a must at 7 yards and under. Just a nice caveat that 99.995% have no real need for other than my gun "has nite" sites. I'm certainly not hammering the, , hell like I stated my kahrs, both of them have nite sites, What ever gets one on target faster is ok with me. I feel I am just as efficent at 7 yards and under with my lcp than trying to find those damn sites in a time of stress. Normally u shoot the way you train. The lcp is not a bottle cap shooter and IMO if you can do that with sites on it, then also IMHO, you are slower than a POA shooter..

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Nitesiters for a lot of folks (one of our commercial sponsors) may be the best compromise of all. Cost pennies, installs in seconds, provides an assist at the range, and just might give you an advantage in a worst case situation. But I wouldn't fault anyone who wanted to go the extra mile and install real sights on the LCP. Go for it. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with the point and shoot application for the LCP. At the range I like to have a decent sight to put the lead on the target. The LCP is not a target gun. But I would guess the LCP, by design, was not outfitted with great sights for a reason. Point and shoot the gun at close range. If they are far enough away to need to use the sights, they are probably not an immediate threat. Let them run away or me move away from the situation. Now, show up at my house and present a threat, first you will meet a shotgun then a Glock 40 and if you chase me to the sock drawer, the LCP. I love the LCP for a CCW because I dont feel the need to have target quality gun on my body at all times. I have found that just throwing the gun up to the firing position and then looking down the sights that I am always close enough to hit a body size target. I am pretty sure I could shoot the bad guys coffee cup as long as he was standing still and not holding a gun or next to a really good looking woman.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts