Ruger Pistol Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice! I think I want to add an AFG to my Bushy. Which do you like?
i like the magpul afg it has a lil more normal feel to it to me , but both in pics are comfortable to use , i do like the thumb rest on the other tho , either way you would be happy with either one i believe

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Great weapons everybody! We did a group buy on 80% lower recievers. I think they were about $20 each. We don't register weapons here in Idaho and can build our own weapons. One of my lowers will be stamped "pistol" and have a short barrel with a Sig arm brace and my own serial number in case it is stolen. This weapon will have a good mill spec trigger and will be my home defense weapon. Den

·
Registered
476 Posts

Here a updated pic of my spikes , added a few new accessories

here a a list of build so far..........
spikes tactical lower and upper,
st t2 buffer
spikes dyna comp muzzle break
spike trigger guard gen 2
yankee hill machine handguard
yankee hill machine gas block and gas tube
magpul str stock
bad lever
magpul afg2
magpul flip sights.
hiperfire hiper touch trigger.
kns trigger pins.
bcm ambi charging handle.
ambi safety lever.
fail zero m16 profile nickel boron bolt carrier group.
vortex strikefire red/green dot

taking a break on the spikes to work on some upgrades for ksg , its feeling a lil left out ........so this will prob. be the last update on the spikes for a lil while anyways ...........at least till the next gun show........lol

·
Registered
476 Posts

New psa ar15. Running the tac-ton 241 3 mode trigger , safe ,single ,and 2 stage , really enjoying it so far , lil on the pricey side but its been really fun to shoot , on this or with the 300 bo upper

·
Registered
476 Posts
Both tack drivers , easy switch out . Perfect for just wanting something different to shoot but have the same trigger set up

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Here is a photo of a couple of my 80% lowers. I picked these up about a year ago for $20 each. I have to mill out the trigger pocket and drill and ream 3 holes. Someday. Right now they are fine in the safe. Here in Idaho we can build weapons and also its against the law here to register any weapon. I will add a serial number in case they are stolen and one will be an AR pistol so I will have to mark pistol per the rules. We can't build full-auto weapons and all NFA rules apply. Denny

Reactions: 9190 and RICHGCOOP

·
Registered
205 Posts

Yep, nuff said.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Where are all the Rugers?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
OK.
Here's my Ruger AR.

Nice Ruger Snake, I saw Hickcock45 do a review of this great weapon. And of course I love Rugers. He compared it to the M&P, both great weapons. I said before, I have little knowledge of these new firearms. Shot thousands of rounds through a M-16 many decades ago, but obviously they have been updated a lot of course. "Guntest" has a whole series of how to buy one, and all the add on's etc. Denny for Kids seems to have a lot of knowledge about these weapons. His ordering of uppers and lowers gets confusing. Maybe the way to go, but I do not have his experience to put one together. So for myself, I have been most attracted to the Ruger. Hey, I trust their customer service.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Vert that would be a perfect AR15 for someone to buy. It would be hard to build one from scratch for that price. Den

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'd go for it if I didn't already have 2. It would also make a nice gift. I know I love gifts of knives and guns!

Here's Hickok and Jerry showing how to care for your new AR;

61 - 79 of 79 Posts