Ruger Pistol Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
also my kns anti rotation pins came in today i put them in my spikes as well
Ant the anti rotation pins are good for...? Maybe for an M16 full auto or an AR15 with a cartridge drop in trigger without a pin lock. The J spring works great for me and the pin hole wear is non measurable on my AR's after thousands of rounds.

I'm guilty too and this is just a joke. This reminds me of my Daughter justifying accessories for her Barbie dolls! I was lucky...my son didn't need much fancy kit for his GI Joe with the Kung Fu Grip. LOL Once again I just joking, I love hearing about fixing up AR's! Denny

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ant the anti rotation pins are good for...? Maybe for an M16 full auto or an AR15 with a cartridge drop in trigger without a pin lock. The J spring works great for me and the pin hole wear is non measurable on my AR's after thousands of rounds.

I'm guilty too and this is just a joke. This reminds me of my Daughter justifying accessories for her Barbie dolls! I was lucky...my son didn't need much fancy kit for his GI Joe with the Kung Fu Grip. LOL Once again I just joking, I love hearing about fixing up AR's! Denny
lol , hell i cant justify it or even explain it all i can say is i just wanted em and they was free to me so why not , i did put together a couple rifles for a guy and he let me get some stuff for free the kns pins and few other odds and ends , i also got a cmmg 22lr drop in kit from em as well also free

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
lol , hell i cant justify it or even explain it all i can say is i just wanted em and they was free to me so why not , i did put together a couple rifles for a guy and he let me get some stuff for free the kns pins and few other odds and ends , i also got a cmmg 22lr drop in kit from em as well also free
What trigger are you using? I use a Geissele SSA trigger in my AR-15 and Bill Geissele (the owner of Geissele Automatics and designer of what many folks consider to be the best AR triggers made) has stated that one should NOT use the KNS pins. For one thing, they are not the right diameter for best performance of his triggers.

As stated in the previous post, the trigger and hammer springs retain the pins making the KNS anti-rotation pins totally un-necessary.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What trigger are you using? I use a Geissele SSA trigger in my AR-15 and Bill Geissele (the owner of Geissele Automatics and designer of what many folks consider to be the best AR triggers made) has stated that one should NOT use the KNS pins. For one thing, they are not the right diameter for best performance of his triggers.

As stated in the previous post, the trigger and hammer springs retain the pins making the KNS anti-rotation pins totally un-necessary.
im using the enhanced spikes trigger , they maybe un-necessary but i like the looks and wanted one , figured he paying so id get em for free, lol i know alot of people dont like em and say oh you dont need and blah blah , but i aint gonna lie i just wanted cause they look cool and if it keep my pins from walking or making my holes egg shaped then thats a plus , and if it never happens than ol well it will still look cool anyways , lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I didn't know that. I also run Geissele triggers. Den

·
Registered
476 Posts
in due time i plan on upgrading my trigger,not sure what trigger i want yet , normally i just polish up the mil spec trigger and go from there . but here lately been thinking more and more about it and shooting different ones hadn't found the one that i cant live with out yet tho

·
Registered
926 Posts
I bought an ALG Defense ACT trigger for one of my rifles last year and it's great. $64. Geissele buys mil spec triggers from the same supplier as Colt and replaces the pins and springs with their springs and plates the trigger with NiB and the hammer with nickel Teflon as well as polishes, inspects, and tunes the trigger and your left with a great trigger but still at about mil spec pull (which I wanted). Clean and smooth pull with just the right amount of creep for a non competition type shooter in my opinion.

Geissele explains the process in his trigger selection video on the YouTubes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
yeah i understand im thinking of a few different ones , right now hiper fire is winning ..........but that may change

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
image.jpg This is my contribution pic for showing me your AR15.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Elzetta and Stream Light

I found it a PIA to install simply because it has to be exactly right. Other than that, it, along with the Stream Light, maybe the best economical set up out there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
installed new hiperfire hiper touch 24 trigger on the spikes today , it raining so no range report yet , but when dry fired it feels very nice , crisp and light , range report hopefully next weekend

·
Registered
476 Posts
just ordered a few more goodies for my spikes , ordered the spikes dynacomp muzzle brake ,spikes t2 buffer , battle comp ambi safety selector , bcm gunfighter ambi charging handle and few other thing will update pics once stuff comes in and i get em installed .

41 - 60 of 79 Posts