Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here--both to handgun shooting, to Rugers, and to this forum. This is my first post.

I will be buying my first handgun, a Ruger Mark IV, and am leaning toward the Hunter or the basic Target model. My question is this: what does the "Talo Exclusive" designation indicate? I see Hunter models being sold on GB both with and without this designation, and they look identical to me. Is there a difference in their internal construction? I also see some of the Talo Exclusive models carry a lifetime warranty: how does this differ from whatever factory warranty Ruger is offering? Is the Talo designation a significant differentiator that I should look for it--and perhaps pay a premium for it? What, exactly, would I be getting for it?

Any and all advice most appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
TALO is a group of firearm distributors who combine their resources to have Ruger make an "exclusive" model for them. They are still the same as a stock model but have some special configuration to make them "exclusive" only to those distributors. Usually just special grips, colors, or sights. Are they more collectable or valuable? Maybe. You'll have to ask a collector.

I have 2 TALO exclusives. Both are blued instead of the standard brushed stainless finish, have different grip panels, and different sights. They are otherwise exactly the same. I think they were good values with the addition of "exclusive" features I wanted.

Ruger actually provides no written warranty on any of their guns. But if you read about Rugers, you'll find they have the best customer service in the industry and will fix their guns, even if you aren't the original owner. Usually at no cost.

If a GB ad says lifetime warranty on a Ruger, they are either misrepresenting Rugers customer service record, or it is a specific distributor's warranty. I would ask for more details about the lifetime warranty they advertise.
I know that Davidsons is a member of the TALO group and do offer a lifetime guarantee, but I think you might have to go through the dealer you bought it from. If it's a GB seller who isn't local, that could be a hassle if you have to go that route.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts