Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, do you wish you could shoot a Rifle? without going to a range, paying fees, shooting ammo that cost a fortune for just 20 rounds? Suppose you had a fine rifle, equipped with a fine scoop, a beautiful stock, and pin point accuracy that cost Less than $25.00 for 500 rounds. A great hunter, a great target gun. Make no mistake this is not a kids gun. It is a serious Pellet rifle hunter. Shoot a pine tree at 100 yards, and you can hear the kock loud and clear. Put a nice scope on this and it will surprise the hell out of the best squirrel hunter.
Here ya go, a German Diana 460 magnum.

· Administrator
4,798 Posts
Sometimes the wife and I shoot the pellet rifle in our back yard. It's a lot of fun plus it's cheaper to shoot.

Reactions: 9190

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes the wife and I shoot the pellet rifle in our back yard. It's a lot of fun plus it's cheaper to shoot.
I have a office in my home on the second story that faces my back yard.All my air guns are kept here. I have placed a number of targets throughout the back yard and can shoot right out of the window. I have spent many a rainy day shooting these Auto Reset targets shown below. Notice the center shot "reducers" that can be set down to .05". I can get range time any day of the week. No driving to range, no fees, no waiting. I have shot long range rifles all my life and can tell you that there really is not much difference in shooting a quality air rifle. Just that the targets are smaller. Good triggers, good scopes and a good gun are the same. Shoot much more often and it really does hone your skills. I prefer the "Springers" over other type of air guns as I enjoy the recoil. These targets show below make life easy.

Remington Crow Auto-Reset Target | Airgun Depot

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice to see a rifle with wood stock. Have been wanting to get into air guns for some time now.....pistols and rifles. many thanks for posting.
That particular rifle, does have a absolutely beautiful stock on it. Probably the nicest I have seen. It is Beech. RWS Diana also makes some nice Walnut along with the Weihrauch's and Walthers. That Particular rifle is extremely powerful, actually too much and I had it soft tuned by my tuner. (brought the power down). All my rifles have been custom tuned except a Walther LGV. Which incidentally is the more softest shooter right out of the box and insanely accurate. Just a amazing work of craftsmanship Walther makes some of the finest barrels out there. Here is a short video. Look at this video, this gun is solid, super quiet, and that barrel latch locks up like a Bank Vault. I actually have the synthetic version.

air rifles - Weihrauch Sport

· Registered
531 Posts
I truly miss my air rifles.. My first gun was a Crossman 760 Pneumatic that I totally wore out.. it was rebuilt twice. Later I graduated to a RWS break action .177. I foolishly sold it off to a friend looking for a good game getter. On the up side I did get a really nice pistol with the money.

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I truly miss my air rifles.. My first gun was a Crossman 760 Pneumatic that I totally wore out.. it was rebuilt twice. Later I graduated to a RWS break action .177. I foolishly sold it off to a friend looking for a good game getter. On the up side I did get a really nice pistol with the money.
John, too bad ya sold your RWS. When I first made the jump from off the shelf Air Rifle to better quality German/English, I purchased the RWS Diana Mdl. 34 which is notorious for a great buy entry level quality air rifle. I later had it tuned with A Macarri spring kit, added a Macarri butt pad and a TKO shroud for better balance. To this day it is a lovely shooter. Never too late to get another. Interesting to note that a few years back, the Yellow forum did a survey of shooters age and the average was something like 55-75. These guys really get into them.Her is my RWS Diana 34.

· Registered
205 Posts
Stoeger X-20 (non-suppressed) and a Benjamin NP Trail pistol here. 20' range in the garage.

X-20 shoots a ragged hole with 5 pellets, seems to not really care which ones as long as it is lead. Alloy looks like a shotgun pattern. No tuning, other than general cleanup. Trigger is usable, but could use work - I see Archer has a nice upgrade for it. Light hold, doesn't need an artillery hold. Eurasian Dove quake with fear when I pull it out.

NP is also a good shooter. Red dot replaced the extremely poor factory sights. Much more fussy about the hold, freehand with no rest works best. Can achieve 1" at 20' if I do my part. The Dove laugh at it, not enough pop. (about 4 fpe is the best it can manage)

Reactions: RICHGCOOP and 9190

· Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is my summer gun. A Walther 850. Another excellent Walther with their insanely accuracy. Notice the compensatory on this rifle. If you simply tape it, It will make the rifle totally silent. Or you can purchase a shroud. I mean it will be totally quiet. All you can here is the cocking of the bolt when loading and the Pellet hitting the target. I am going to have a kit put into make it a 9oz, co2 which will give me about 500 shots. Plus I can refill at a shop up the street. It can also be converted to PCP.

Also check out the 850 store.

WELCOME TO THE 850 STORE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.