Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John McCain, Thursday, September 13, 2001:

"Mr. President, I have no words to describe or condemn adequately the enormity of yesterday's attacks on the United States or the depravity of those who are responsible for them. All we can really offer now are our prayers and support for the victims and their families, and the assurance to our fellow citizens that America will recover from these atrocities, resume the life of a great nation, strong, resolute and free, and destroy those who seek to destroy us.

We are greater than our enemies. We are greater because the very virtues our enemies revile and seek to destroy make us so. Our enemies, those who unleashed these attacks, and those who support them, are not our enemies alone. They are the enemies of freedom and independence and justice and peace, and they wage war on the United States because we are and will remain the principal guarantors of freedom for ourselves and for all nations who claim their right to that condition. All people who possess or aspire to freedom were attacked yesterday, and when we answer we do so in their name as well as ours. And answer we will.

These were not just crimes, they were acts of war, and have aroused in this great nation a controlled fury and unity of purpose not just to punish but vanquish . . . vanquish our enemies. Americans know now that we are at war, and will make the sacrifices and show the resolve necessary to prevail. I say to our enemies, we are coming. God may show you mercy. We will not.

This campaign will be long and difficult, and will not end with the capture or destruction of Osama bin Laden alone. The American people must, and I am sure, will understand that we will wage this war to its complete resolution however long and difficult the road ahead. But they should not be expected to wait one day longer than necessary for our enemies to be vanquished, for the full measure of justice to be done, for freedom and righteousness to prevail.

May God bless us in this trial, comfort us, strengthen our resolve, and make our justice as terrible and certain as His."

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bad Guys!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, shoot, I'm disapointed I didn't get any replies to this post. I realy wanted to know what you felt that day, what you are feeling about it today, if we are going in the right direction, so on and so forth. I couldn't help but get choked up and had to fight back tears today listening to some of the 911 calls that came in that awful day, not sure I will ever get completly over it, not sure I want to......
Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This day is doubly poignant for me. My now deceased baby brother was a commercial pilot. I called him after the first plane hit. He immediately thought it was terrorism. He commented that it was a good thing that the plane did not hit lower because there would have been a good chance the building come down. Only an hour later we were back on the phone with aching hearts.

Our much maligned president has been, in my opinion, a good war time president. He went after the perpetrators. He went after a coming disaster from Iraq. He had to go through several generals before he found one that knew how to win. Anyone who knows American history will note the similarity with other war time presidents.

No attaches, but close calls, in America. Lots of room for improvement, but who could not feel blessed that we have done so well so far.

May all those who died in this 911 tragedy rest in peace. May their families find peace. May the rest of us remember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts