Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Rugerites (or is it ...onians?),

I have decided to purchase an LCP as soon as the inventories recover from the Christmas rush (hopefully the day after). Anyway, can anyone describe the Ruger warranty for their firearms? After a relatively brief review, I could not find a description on the Ruger site. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well ... I did notice that nothing appeared to be published - which is why I asked. However, I also noticed that they (Ruger) appeared to be quite customer-loyalty-oriented. So, I assume it is safe to assume they follow a loosely defined "unwritten" lifetime warranty. Still, it is a seems bit unusual that a company with such a prominence as Ruger does not publish (simply as a marketing tool) a stated warranty.

I'm really only curious, as this will be my first Ruger, and only my 2nd firearm to purchase. And, I realize it's not like it is large purchase, such as an automobile.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have had one Ruger repaired at no cost and they paid for shipping and Gave me a new guide rod and springs at my request.

I had another Ruger that they completely replaced. They kept the old defective Ruger and they sent me a brand new one at NO cost to me and again they paid for all shipping.

To me this says it all about Ruger's Warranty.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Ruger CS is great. I've sent back three for repair, all at no cost, even shipping. I've also had them send me parts lost in cleaning, again at no cost to me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ruger has awesome customer service like Smith & Wesson. My 372-era LCP choked at 800 rounds. The gun would not go into battery-the follow up round would not chamber. Emailed Ruger customer service-they sent a pre-paid UPS shipping label. The pistol was shipped back in 8 days with a new slide and extractor at no cost. They even sent the spent casings from the test firing. That was 2500-3000 rounds ago. Oh yeah, they sent me a new take down pin for my SR9 I accidentally stepped on. I sent them an email for the price of a replacement. They mailed it to me in 3 days free.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just had to send my LCP in for a broken ejector. A simple phone call and the prepaid shipping label was in my email inbox before I was off the phone with the customer service rep. Turnaround from Oregon to Arizona and back was one week with a complimentary cleaning cloth on return for being a loyal customer. Not bad if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm on my third LCP.
First one had off-center primer strikes.
I was unhappy. Sent it back and they returned it back to my house. No charge.
I wore that one out and sent it back. I had them return it to a little pack and send
down the street. Again, no charge.
This one has been perfect so far.
So, I've only had an issue with these 2 out of all the Rugers I own and found they're good at making it right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm on my third LCP.
First one had off-center primer strikes.
I was unhappy. Sent it back and they returned it back to my house. No charge.
I wore that one out and sent it back. I had them return it to a little pack and send
down the street. Again, no charge.
This one has been perfect so far.
So, I've only had an issue with these 2 out of all the Rugers I own and found they're good at making it right.
This is good to know. One of my biggest frustrations is the variances that can be found with customer services (cable and telephone come to mind). So, with the prior compliments, I am am actively searching for a 3730 (the stainless slide). But, it appears I have missed the boat on nearly all of the available inventories (at least the reasonably priced ones). I must learn patience!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Like others said. If your LCP has any issue, Ruger will take care of it. They certainly took care of mine paying for the shipping both ways. Even though Ruger does not have a written warranty their actual practice is more dependable than some other companies' written "warranties" with fine prints.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ruger does not publish any warranty rules. However, they take care of customer's issues better than most companies I've ever dealt with.
+1

Sprung the crane on my 480 and it was back in my hands in less than a month. No questions, no hassle. No I don't know how I sprung it, mostly Hornady factory rounds.

1st Gen LCP had a major recall, was back in a couple months.

Great company to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts