Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some folks who own and shoot their RST4 and RST 6 A54 grip frame and Ruger Mark I Target pistols with the A100 grip frame, don't have very good luck with the factory magazines as provided by those early pistols. They sure don't work well in my two guns:

When I converted over to using the Ruger Mark II magazine bodies, and the separate gray base plate style that's now the 9-round replacement that Ruger now offers, I had an issue that I didn't anticipate. The radius on the working end of the original magazine latch/release is rather small and when trying to release one of the new style magazines, that tiny radius would hang up in the gap between the floorplate and the magazine body's bottom:

The magazine base on the right covers the whole bottom of the early magazine bodies, so the smaller radius worked just fine. But something different is needed when the newer style magazines, which actually do work better and provide the use of 10 rounds rather than only 9.
So, here's the solution that I found:

This extended magazine latch/release has a much larger radius on the working end and it slides right over the gap that's present on the new style magazines so magazines don't hang up and glide right out of the grip frame.

**NOTE**: Using the Mark II style magazines in the A54 grip frame will require that the magazine follower button be moved over to the right side of the magazine body to operate properly. The A100 grip frame does not need this modification and Mark II magazines can be used as is.

Reactions: Theo98

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a MkI T-678 and a Standard, both A100 grip frames, that I load with MKII magazines. The SGW ext. mag latch\release allows for easier inserting, but especially removing the mags! :tears_of_joy:

Ted

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a Ruger Mark IV Standard .22 lr 6" i want to change the grips love yours.Where can I find them you have?
73546203_2514293711982689_8110099273732849664_n.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts