Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I tried to order one of those from the distributor I deal with in Prescott, AZ. They are a bus ride away from the Ruger plant and don't have any in stock.
They still don't have any of the 4 5/8 barreled Hunter Mark IV exclusives in as yet either. :LOL:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any reviews yet?
Most of the text articles are reprints of the press release. There are a few print articles that are author reactions to the press release.
Plenty of peanut gallery commentary on forums. Lots from the Glock, Sig, S&W fan boys claiming the Ruger is ugly compared to their favorite company's visually identical product.

Seems like all the actual reviews are on youtube.

I've been looking unsuccessfully for a rear view of the grip to see how the contour follows the shape of the magazine. The most often published spec for width is the .95 inch for the slide alone. (.05 inch wider than the LC9s. Maye for the optic footprint?). One of the graphics states 1.06 inches wide. It looks like the grip is narrower to .90 between the thumb and index finger and widens to 1.06 below the magazine release. (That should be close to the feel of a LC9s with a Hogue grip).
I can't find a measurement for the width across the body at the safety and magazine release, unless it is between .95 and 1.06 inches.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Any reviews yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Are they actually out now?

Well, lordy, lordy, the April 2021 issue of the "American Rifleman" has a very good write up in this issue. 'Course one wouldn't see it if not an NRA member. (n)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, anyway, one needs to be an NRA member to get either the "Rifleman", or the "Hunter" magazines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are they actually out now?

Well, lordy, lordy, the April 2021 issue of the "American Rifleman" has a very good write up in this issue. 'Course one wouldn't see it if not an NRA member. (n)
Web page format:

Scanned magazine format:

·
Registered
108 Posts
A LC9S with a grip make over (which is not as good as the originial IMO) Front serrations and a new double stack magazine to give a few more rounds which I personally could care less about. Mags are more expensive. They put on a fiber optic sight which I would not want on a carry gun and No night sight. The MSRP is ridiculously high. Ruger has a way of going backward. The security 9 came out when they should have been thinking about the LC9S, the Sr9C was a great one, and another distributor had to bring it back.
Ruger could have done so much more. Especially at the high cost of the gun. One, make it a modular firearm. Use a all steel chassis and make it smaller and lighter weight. Ditch the cheap fiber optic sight and add a good night sight. Make a EDC Micro gun that will be a total hit for years to come. Not just dress up a older model. Hopefully they are at least including two magazines at that price.
My advice find a older LC9S and save the money. Besides, a much cooler looking gun with some class.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts