Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago I had a fairly new Mark IV Hunter pistol come into my shop. Customer wanted to replace the factory extractor with something better. As I was handling and dismantling his bolt, I found that the firing pin stop pin has an extremely loose fit in the bolt hole for it, when the firing pin and firing pin strut and spring were not putting any pressure on that pin to keep it in place. It seems to me that the Mark II & III stop pin holes in their bolts had a much better, smoother, slip fit into its place in the bolt.
Once the bolt has had the firing pin, strut and spring removed, the firing pin stop pin will easily fall out of place. So, why the concern? Mark IV owners, in this instance specifically, should watch for that pin to stay in place when you reassemble the firing pin, strut and spring, before you re-install your bolt. Without that stop pin being in place we then have the danger of dings in the breech face from firing pin hits.

Dennis

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am fascinated to take note of that it is running on amazonaws.com. So on the off chance that it goes down, it truly could be important for the putsch.I am captivated to take note of that it is running on amazonaws.com. So in the event that it goes down, it truly could be essential for the putsch. with free guilds and quests

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fascinated to take note of that it is running on amazonaws.com. So on the off chance that it goes down, it truly could be important for the putsch.I am captivated to take note of that it is running on amazonaws.com. So in the event that it goes down, it truly could be essential for the putsch. with free guilds and quests
Well, I don't think that those will be given away for free. Last I read, you needed to donate a kidney.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post #2 ??????? Crack pipe reaction, maybe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts