Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a rumor going around on the interweb involved with the Ruger Mark IV pistols with 10-inch barrels. Talk is that these, or at least some of them, have two-piece bolts.
Can any of you who own these verify, or deny this? The one fella claims that the ears on his bolt are loose.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Been a rumor going around on the interweb involved with the Ruger Mark IV pistols with 10-inch barrels. Talk is that these, or at least some of them, have two-piece bolts.
Can any of you who own these verify, or deny this? The one fella claims that the ears on his bolt are loose.
Dennis,

I don't own one and haven't even held a new 10" MkIV, but spoke with Ruger TS and they emphatically state that All MkIV pistol bolts, including their newest 10" models, are built out of One Solid Piece of steel!

Don't understand this "fellas" dilemma...maybe someone pulled a switch-a-roue, or possibly just trying to give Ruger a bad rap?!? :culpability:

Ted

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dennis,

I don't own one and haven't even held a new 10" MkIV, but spoke with Ruger TS and they emphatically state that All MkIV pistol bolts, including their newest 10" models, are built out of One Solid Piece of steel!
Don't understand this "fellas" dilemma...maybe someone pulled a switch-a-roue, or possibly just trying to give Ruger a bad rap?!? :culpability:
Ted
I looked at the x2 10" MKIV models they had in the case today at the club and both are one piece bolts. Asked the staff and they have been told by Ruger that their MKIV bolts are all one piece. One old timer did state other wise and I left them really arguing the topic. So this one got my interest as well!!! The internet strikes again.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the x2 10" MKIV models they had in the case today at the club and both are one piece bolts. Asked the staff and they have been told by Ruger that their MKIV bolts are all one piece. One old timer did state other wise and I left them really arguing the topic. So this one got my interest as well!!! The internet strikes again.
Yah, I agree. Too bad 'ole Al Gore didn't place a built in Bad Science alert into things when he invented the Internet. Some of the foolishness I've been reading on these sites lately is getting sorta scary!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts