Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get several request a month asking about which holster the owner can carry his/her Ruger Mark Target pistol in. Seems the front sight, being shaped the way it is, has a tendency to strip out a swath of leather when the pistol is drawn. My response is usually, NONE, not with that front sight being shaped the way it is. That sharp configuration is going to strip out leather each time it is pulled out for use.
What I have come up with, and it's much cheaper than buying a new holster, is a modified front sight that will slide up and out of the holster leaving leather where it belongs. Inside the holster:

Reactions: Theo98

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree! Good to modify front site when possible. Went through several holsters. It took me awhile before I figured this out. I just recently found a field holster I liked and have yet to adjust or modify the front site on this Mark III 22/45. This holster is still getting broke in but I love it. So far the leather stays in the holster but time will tell.

Attachments

Reactions: Theo98

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a very "dandy" lookin' holster, and yes, I would cherish it also and treat it like I would on a first date with a 19 year old Norwegian girl.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Big Chief Hoof in Mouth here, apologies.
I posted (and just now deleted) a reply that was already well covered in the very first post.
My fault, I should have read the full thread before inserting my hind hoof between my pearly whites!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts