Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I paid $380. + tax
Page 18 in the manual says no +P in red
It sure says that but I like the +p round and just shoot them for self defense they cost more than ball .I would not shoot +p every day remember the shooting will more than likely be at 21 ' and two shot fired .

·
Registered
7 Posts
The manual also states no reloads. That said I have guns that have thousands of rounds through them and not a one was a factory load. My default is if a person has to ask is it ok to do something and the manual says no then they need to make their own decisions and take the responsibility for the results. I have had to many come backs ( You Told Me it was OK )

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's a bit difficult for me to understand how a "one-size" grip frame can be ergonomically accepted by all the various hand sizes folks are born with. As for me, I have as yet to find a "one-size fits all" from a factory provided grip frame. If that can be done, it will be a monumental accomplishment. It must be why folks like Hogue and others make sleeves like these:

And other grip frames that have replaceable panels for the back-strap?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love the Hoge Hand All. I have one on a LCP G2 and waiting for one from Ruger for my LCP Max. They also cushion the recoil for my old arthritic hands and add a bit of bulk to the grip circumference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's a bit difficult for me to understand how a "one-size" grip frame can be ergonomically accepted by all the various hand sizes folks are born with.
I meant to touch on that in my response to WKnestrick.
Hands are kind of like feet, and they make shoes in a lot of sizes. That might be the basis of the "compare all the different company's products, and pick the one that feels the best when you are holding it".
It sounds like WKnestrick went to a lot of effort to make the grip of the LCP Max fit every hand.

Just looking at the difference between single stack and double stack:
Part of the grip fit is the circumference. No matter what the width is, it has to be a certain distance around or your fingers overlap or don't fit all the way around. So a single stack would be a little longer from front to back, and a double stack a little shorter. That seems to be what happened to the Max 9. The width of the grip of the Max 9 cited in some of the reviews is really close to the width of the LC9s with a Hogue grip. They mentioned the width discussing concealability and how much the size grew. No mention of the fore-aft measure of the grip, but it looks like the cavity behind the magazine well (back strap?) shrank some.
That is a little concerning, because the walls of the grip around the magazine are paper thin, and that back strap is much of the structure for the grip.

I'm wondering how the Hogue grip for the Max 9 will look and fit. I like the little bit of compressability and the finger separation of the Hogue grips, as much as I like the larger grip surface. It's the difference between the thin, hard plastic, economy steering wheel, and the big, padded, leather wrapped, racing steering wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Hogue grips on both LCP ii's and they noticeably improve my ability to shoot those guns accurately. The LCP max is big enough I don't need any changes to it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts