Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I’m strongly considering buying a ruger lcp ll but I am getting concerned about the amount of problems that I’ve been reading about in forums. It sounds like most people have their issues fixed by Ruger, but the problem is that I live in Sweden so sending the gun back to Ruger is problematic. So the question for those of you that have owned one for awhile, would you still recommend buying one without the customer support from Ruger?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello from Texas! Used to work for Ericsson but never did get to Sverige.

Are you asking about the LCP2 which is a variant of the original LCP, or the LCPII which is actually is complete redesigned? That said, my LCPII has been solid as a rock with no problems whatsoever. I probably have a few thousand rounds through it with no problems at all.

Reactions: rpott3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello, thanks for the response. I meant the lcp ll (the newest version.) Thanks for correction, I didn’t know there was an lcp2. It’s great to hear that the lcp ll is so reliable. There’s only a couple of types of .380 ammo available here so it’s important that it’s not ammo sensitive. It takes months to get a license here so I’m going to start the process.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum bmac76. Maybe you could contact the Ruger distributor in Sweden. These guys:

Box 25
SE - 232 02 Akarp
SWEDEN
Tel.# 40-465050
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: www.sportec.se

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hello, thanks for the response. I meant the lcp ll (the newest version.) Thanks for correction, I didn’t know there was an lcp2. It’s great to hear that the lcp ll is so reliable. There’s only a couple of types of .380 ammo available here so it’s important that it’s not ammo sensitive. It takes months to get a license here so I’m going to start the process.
Just curious about ammunition availability. What brands and bullet weights are available to you? Maybe you are aware, that the recoil springs are made to a longer length and need to experience several rounds of shooting until that spring reaches its working length, or "set". Normally, after that, your new pistol will welcome most any .380 ACP rounds that you choose to feed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There’s only a couple of types of .380 ammo available here so it’s important that it’s not ammo sensitive.

I bought my wife an LCP II for CC, two years ago. Before that she had carried a Walther PK380 for more than ten years, but she is small and while the PK 380 was an excellent pistol, it did not conceal well on her.
I have also watched the complaints about LCPII on various sites, but with several hundred rounds of different types, through her LCPII, there has never been any problem of any kind (not with the pistol, not with various ammo).
That being said, and as someone posted earlier, it might be a good idea to inquire with that local Sweden distributor. We have had (a few) random problems with several of the major brands, rifles and pistols, over the years and a backup plan is always a good idea.
I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello everyone,
I’m strongly considering buying a ruger lcp ll but I am getting concerned about the amount of problems that I’ve been reading about in forums. It sounds like most people have their issues fixed by Ruger, but the problem is that I live in Sweden so sending the gun back to Ruger is problematic. So the question for those of you that have owned one for awhile, would you still recommend buying one without the customer support from Ruger?
Greetings from South Carolina USA I've had a Ruger LCP II Lite Rack .22 LR Pistol since they hit the market . I have put well over 1000 rounds of 40 Grain Round Nose & Hollow Points thru my Ruger LCP with out any problems or malfunctions of the firearm . In over 1000 rounds only one dud .22 LR failed to fire but it was not the gun gun it was the ammo inspection of the ammo the rim had a good dent in it , I found the pistol to be reliable and accurate for it's size. I carry it as a backup to my self defense Pistol .
I purchased a Hogue Handall Beaver tail grip for it and 4 extra magazines. I trapped a Coyote in a Neck Snare alive and dispatched him with a headshot from the LCP II .22 caliber pistol with one shot killing him instantly. I have found the most accurate ammo to be the CCI Velocitor 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Point its the fastest most accurate .22LR Ammo on the market at 1435 fps. I recommend the Ruger LCP II .22 LR Pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts