Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I tried to install new springs for my Ruger LCP 2 chambered in 22 lr. I watched a video explaining how to install the springs, but I accidentally removed the sear pin, the sear, and the hammer catch spring. I can't figure out how the sear pin went into the gun in the first place, and I can't find a single video on the internet explaining how to put those parts back in. Keep in mind that this is an LCP 2 lite rack, which is different from the LCP 2 in 380. Some pictures would be great, and a video would be even better.
Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello!
I tried to install new springs for my Ruger LCP 2 chambered in 22 lr. I watched a video explaining how to install the springs, but I accidentally removed the sear pin, the sear, and the hammer catch spring. I can't figure out how the sear pin went into the gun in the first place, and I can't find a single video on the internet explaining how to put those parts back in. Keep in mind that this is an LCP 2 lite rack, which is different from the LCP 2 in 380. Some pictures would be great, and a video would be even better.
Thanks!
I hope this helps

Reactions: Lgleging

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have never taken it apart 🤪😜 .

This one is for the 380 ACP lcp/lcp2. I figured it out though, I paused the first video at about 17:38. There I got a small view of the orientation of the parts on the sear pin. It was difficult but eventually I got it back into place and I'm good to go now. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
104 Posts
This one is for the 380 ACP lcp/lcp2. I figured it out though, I paused the first video at about 17:38. There I got a small view of the orientation of the parts on the sear pin. It was difficult but eventually I got it back into place and I'm good to go now. Thanks for the help!
OUTSTANDING !!!! I am happy I could help ,I hope you enjoy your Ruger LCP II .22LR as much I enjoy mine , I carry it often as a back up .

Reactions: miniman

·
Registered
499 Posts
Glad to read you figured it out. Always much more rewarding that way. (y)

Reactions: miniman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Defiantly, once again thanks for the help guys!
I had the same problem as I took out the wrong pin during disassembly. I read all the above discussion, looked at the video and decided I must do this. After struggling with the sear and spring for a few times, I determined that the spring needed to be secured to the sear before trying to reassemble into the handle. I inserted the spring into the sear and secured it with a small zip tie, so now the sear and spring were essentially one piece. I then got the sear located with the spring end pointing down into the handle, and started the pin thru the sear, but leaving the area where the spring had to be located open, the pin barely showing thru the sear. I selected a small screwdriver with the blade body about equal to the width of the spring, pushed the spring into place and pushed the pin thru to the other side of the handle. After the sear and spring were secured in place, I cut the zip tie and removed it. this worked for me, and I hope others may find it useful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the same problem as I took out the wrong pin during disassembly. I read all the above discussion, looked at the video and decided I must do this. After struggling with the sear and spring for a few times, I determined that the spring needed to be secured to the sear before trying to reassemble into the handle. I inserted the spring into the sear and secured it with a small zip tie, so now the sear and spring were essentially one piece. I then got the sear located with the spring end pointing down into the handle, and started the pin thru the sear, but leaving the area where the spring had to be located open, the pin barely showing thru the sear. I selected a small screwdriver with the blade body about equal to the width of the spring, pushed the spring into place and pushed the pin thru to the other side of the handle. After the sear and spring were secured in place, I cut the zip tie and removed it. this worked for me, and I hope others may find it useful.
I have fixed it already, but thanks for the advice! I have not found any videos online about how to reinstall it, so hopefully the next person who has the same problem will be able to fix their problem using this discussion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts