Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
I talked to Ruger again and offered to send them my LCP for their testing but they are NOT interested. They have the pictures but did not want the examples of the splintered rounds.
Currently there's no fix for the smiley issue, so there's nothing for them to address. I'm sure they're aware of the problem.
The "fix" is either shoot metal nosed ammo through your elsie, or find a pistol that doesn't dent the nose of the bullet. Not all LCPs do it, and some other brands of 380 pistols don't have the issue at all.

· Registered
135 Posts
I bought a couple boxes of the ARX and ran a box through a gen 2 LCP and looked at the ammo in the mags and and after. I used a 7 and the stock 6 round mags as a 6 round pro mag.

No issues. Perhaps it's a mag issue ? Both the Ruger mags are USA made ones.

Very accurate ammo and light recoil vs the 90 grain rounds.

· Registered
486 Posts
I bought a couple boxes of the ARX and ran a box through a gen 2 LCP and looked at the ammo in the mags and and after. I used a 7 and the stock 6 round mags as a 6 round pro mag.

No issues. Perhaps it's a mag issue ? Both the Ruger mags are USA made ones.

Very accurate ammo and light recoil vs the 90 grain rounds.
You need to look at the round after it has left the mag. and entered the chamber.

In my experience the feed ramp causes the splintering as the round enters the chamber.

· Registered
266 Posts
You need to look at the round after it has left the mag. and entered the chamber.
In my experience the feed ramp causes the splintering as the round enters the chamber.
Correct! And ONLY when the round has been loaded into the chamber by recoil from firing. If you just slingshot the slide to load a round, it won't reveal the problem.

But if you fired off 25 rounds of ARX and there's no bits of polymer or polymer dust clogging up the works, that's probably a good sign.

· Registered
24 Posts
Just found this thread. Seems to me the problem is very gun-specific. I've been enthusiastic about the ARX since they came out, considering its ballistics and light recoil, particularly in my LCP. After 482 rounds fired, no residue or chipping. Yeah, I keep track of how many and where they go.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.