Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's,
I have been looking for a 44 Mag revolver for a while. Super Blackhawk, Blackhawk, just need one to go with my two 44 Mag Marlin lever action rifles.

Everything I have seen was really expensive but I did find the Anniversary Addition that suited my price and taste in 44 Mag. I have smaller hands (5'5" tall) so this Blackhawk has the smaller grip frame and frame. Suit's my smaller hands just right. Also the grip frame and ejection rod housing is steel.

She is a heavy little beast. But when I received her I looked at the down the sights and the front sight is clocked to the right of the barrel. I could have lived with that but I also have to have the rear sight all the way to the right to get it to hit at Point of aim. That drives me nut's. Makes me feel like I have to hold the revolver sideways to shoot it.

Everything else is excellent on her. So I made a service request to Ruger since it is Saturday thru email. I asked for a Return label to have the sights reworked. Who ever soldered that front sight on did not do it justice. I am hoping Ruger will send a prepaid shipping label and re-solder the front sight then re-blue the gun or barrel. Hopefully they will help me out. I knew that they would take care of it, is the only reason I did not send it back. Plus I have the 50th anniversary Ruger Single Six and they look good together.

If not then I will look up a competent gunsmith to do the repair and get the revolver right.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've read about that issue before with the Ruger centerfire revolvers. Hope it's just a simple fix like rotating the barrel into a corrective position. Still though, it's a shame that that revolver escaped some final inspectors job title.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think anyone has inspection anymore. Companies just put it on the assembly workers. When they put or do their part to the gun, if they see anything wrong they are suppose to say something. Some times that just does not work. Depends how stressed they are at keeping up a lot of the time. Sad but true.

·
Registered
625 Posts
She is on her way home already. Can't wait to see what Ruger did to her. Find out July 6th
She is on her way home already. Can't wait to see what Ruger did to her. Find out July 6th
Man, I hope they did you RIGHT this time around. It's hard to imagine, and even think, that Ruger has lost their standing in the top five of the USA's squadron of handgun producers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be sad. I have the little brother to this model. It is a single six anniversary model made in 2003. It has the all steel grip frame and some other things. But it shot way to the right at 25 yards. The front sight was so ever slightly tilted to the left (over clocked). I ended up taking a Crescent wrench And a piece of paper folded in half and bent the front sight now a little to the right. It is very close to being dead center now and I filed it to match 40 gr. bullets which is my favorite. I am seriously thinking of sending it off to someone like you to put me a dovetail front sight in her. Funny thing, I bought a Uberti 1873 cattleman in 22lr. That thing is just smooth as silk and dead on. It makes the Ruger feel terrible. I am keeping both so the single six will probably get the Dovetail font sight sooner or later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you sir, coming from you means a lot. I have read and done so many of your suggestions and admired your work for several years now. On all forums, even the ones you do not visit anymore. To bad their loss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts