Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my first handgun, a Mark IV Hunter, last month. Love the gun but really not a fan of Ruger's goofy, oversized, injection-molded plastic case it came in. Doesn't seem particularly protective of the sights or the finish of the gun--plus, it looks like a lunchbox I carried in third grade.

I'd like to get a soft-sided case or rug, preferably one that would allow me to stow a couple of mags, a boresnake, and maybe a vial of Ballistol. Always a fan of real leather, suede, or subdued waxed cotton for my gun cases.

Any recommendations?

· Registered
88 Posts
I've been happy with Elite Survival Systems soft pistol cases.
Their measurement for long side is accurate, but their measurement for the short side is about a half inch generous.
I have a couple in Size 10 (10"x6", with 5 1/2 actual on the short side).
A P89 barely fits, and the second magazine elastic loop is unusable.
An LC9s fits even with a 9 round mag inserted. The loops will fit two single stack mags, but only 7 round mags on the lower loop to clear the pistol.

The Mark pistols have a much longer muzzle, so you'll lose the use of the lower magazine loop completely with the Size 10.
The Size 12 is 12"x8" (7 1/2 inches on the short side measurement). The P89 was swimming in the inside of that one. Way too much space. Might be OK for a Mark.

They also have those same sizes with a second side pocket with five mag loops. Size 10 and Size 12:

And a deluxe version with pockets for two pistols and a magazine storage all internal:
That one is only available in one size, and is the size of the Size 12.

· Registered
65 Posts
I use the plastic lunch boxes for storage is my safe.
For transport to the range, I've got a couple similar to this Double Handgun Case - Black (shopruger.com)
Mine are not Ruger branded, but also made by Allen. Easily fits 2 full size pistols with a few mags. Not sure about the fit for the Hunter and barrel length. Won't fit much else, like cleaning supplies. Those stay in my regular range bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts